Back at Saturday again folks and this Saturday, the 4th of July has come and gone. Yet, it seems like I blinked on Monday and somehow here we are! Another great week behind us, but now it is time for another weekend.
Once again, I am adding my ten thankful things from the week here to the Ten Things of Thankful.
- A hot, Saturday and the girls getting to go in Kevin’s parents’ pool.
Summer Pool Fun!!
- Open box/clearance deals at Best Buy, that allowed us to buy two Dyson Fans for the price of one!
- Staying cool with Dyson fan on the humid, summer nights.
- More work then I know what to do with on both my blog and J9 Designs.
- That even though Lily had a fever on Monday and we went to the doctor that afternoon (I know more illness in our home) that believe it or not she woke up the next morning fever free and happy as can be. Thanks to Children’s Motrin for helping with this!!
- A shortened work week with the 4th of July falling on Thursday.
- Getting to meet my very, best bloggy friend Kera, her husband and beautiful, daughter Sophia on the 4th for ice cream and some park time with the kids.
- Having Kevin home from Thursday through Monday for the long holiday weekend.
- Going to see Monster’s University today with Kevin and the girls for the second ever movie theatre movie.
- Monday being our 7th wedding anniversary and being married to my best friend!!
Now I need to take care of a few bits of house keeping on here. This past week I was awarded two awards and would like to thank both bloggers who passed these awards onto me and not forget them. Most know I am terrible at passing on awards and sometimes forget for a few weeks, so I am trying to not do that this time out.
First up, is the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, which was so graciously bestowed upon me by April over at 100lb Countdown. April is so very inspiring herself and cannot deny that this award fits her to a tee. Even during Slim by the Summer challenge, she was always one of first I would love forward to seeing how her week went. She is pregnant and still keeping in shape. And this girl just never stops. I am in awe of her dedication and her willpower.
The second award, that was so lovingly given to me was the Semper Fidelis Award from Karen over at Dino Hero Mommy. I absolutely adore Karen and this award truly put a smile on my face, because the concept of this one is that you are a part of the blogger’s wolf pack that indeed passed this award onto you. Seriously, I am so very happy and honored to be thought of like that by Karen, because she is such a wonderful, warm hearted lady. And was even more touched that she thinks of me as a friend and confidant, too.
Now awards always come with rules and I am also so very terrible at following these, because I always worry that I will forget someone or mess something up. I already displayed both awards and thank the two lovely, wonderful ladies who passed these awesome awards onto me, so think I have that part covered.
Both also came with an option to pass on to other bloggers and also the inspiring award asked me to share more about me (like you haven’t heard enough about little, old me). So I will spare the folks at home from having to hear more on the subject of (you guessed it) me!!
But I really just want to pass on these to a few of my bloggy friends. So, without further ado, I am choosing a few of my favorites, of course.
Starting with the Semper Fidelis and My Wolf Pack:
1. Kera from Nugget on a Budget. Seriously, as I said earlier just got to finally meet her and her wonderful family this past week and was so happy to finally have this honor. It was a long time coming, but was totally well worth the wait and again I will tell her, we to do this again soon!!
2. Lanaya from Raising Reagan. I can’t say enough how much I love Lanaya and always feel like we are on the same page with things. All I have to say is us Geminis have to stick together and can’t believe how so one else can just totally get me!!
3. Dani from Cloudy with a Chance of Wine. The fact that we bonded over our kids illness (cold, flus and so much more) really is just the tip of the iceberg. I must admit that I just so feel she is a kindred spirit when I read her daily posts and am constantly amazed at how clever and witty she really is. I humbled to have this lady in my corner!!
4. Kelly for The Real Housewife. I have know Kelly from my writing days over at Hubpages and we have truly remained great friends though blogging, too. Kelly is the parent, I hope to be as my girls grow up and and seriously can’t thank her enough for her support and friendship, too!!
Now onto the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. Bill from Artistry With Words. Seriously, Bill is one of the very first people that befriended me in the writing world and has always had my back. I cannot say enough how much respect and admiration I have for him. I also feel truly blessed and humbled that he is my friend. Reading his words makes me a better writer and person daily. For that and so much more I needed to pass this award onto him.
2. Cyndi from Pictimilitude. Cyndi, also has been a friend from early on and actually got to know her on Hubpages, too first. But have gotten the pleasure to call her a true friend through blogging. Her blog makes me so happy whenever she posts up her beautiful artwork, photography, graffiti art and so much more. So, of course, she also came to mind when thinking of inspiring, because epitomizes this word.
3. Alexa from No Holding Back. Alexa, is also friend and true inspiration to me. She is the mom to (in her own words) 4 children, three living and one in heaven. This wonderful lady is such a strong force to be reckoned with. Even after all she has been through with losing one of her Twins to TTS, she has gone on and used her experience to help others. For that and so much more, I am truly in awe of her and just thank her for being real and a friend, too!
4. Heather from The Destiny Manifest. Heather also is a mom to two beautiful girls and also to Clara, a beautiful baby girl, who last year just happened to be born stillborn. Through Heather’s loss, I have gotten to know her better, too and also gotten to see see the depths of her loss and still just tenacious she is in overcoming and trying to come to terms with this loss and her feelings as well. Yet again I am left humbled by this incredible woman, mother, wife and friend she has truly become to me in the last year.
And now since it is Saturday onto this week’s recap for those who are catching up or missed a moment of it and some exciting offers, as well!!
On Monday, Vonage Mobile graciously offered a wonderful deal and a $50 gift-card raffle giveaway, for an iTunes or Google Play Gift Card or to enter the rafflecopter contest, click here.
On Tuesday, I shared in the new weekly series Five Among Friends by answering the five questions given to me by Dawn of Dawn’s Disaster. Click here to find out all about this.
On Wednesday, I served up a wonderful array of photos of Emma from her first 4th of July from a photo shot that was aided by the help of wooden spoons. To see this post, go here.
On Thursday, I took a blogging break, but still posted a money saving affiliate offer from Layla Grayce, here.
On Friday, I continued my blogging break and didn’t run a new post on my blog.
And now that another weekend is indeed upon us, I hope you too have a wonderful, fun weekend.
Also for the upcoming week, with more Flashback Wednesday action and Finish the Sentence Friday is back in actions, we are taking the week off and for this week’s sentence, click here!!
And don’t forget the amazing deal from Layla Grace’s Project. Click on the image below to redeem this offer, if you haven’t already.
For more fabulous Affiliate offers look below:
- iTunes/Books: Great Free Apps.
- LeapFrog: LeapReader is here! Order the all NEW learn-to-read-and-write system now and get FREE shipping! Offer valid now through July 31st!.
- Build A Bear: Monsters University Online Exclusive at buildabear.com!
- Hanna Anderson: Save Up to 60% Off Kids & Baby Clothes at The Big Hanna Sale! Ends 7/7
- Blurb: Blurb 15% off during July with code: SUMMERFUN.
- Tiny Prints: Tiny Prints July 4th Weeklong Sitewide Sale: 20% off Any Order!
- Mabel’s Labels: Mabel’s Labels offers $3 off the Ultimate Back to School Combo and $5 off a Laptop Lunches Bento Box | $3 off Expires: 7/31/13 | $5 off a Laptop Lunches Bento Box Expires: 9/30/13 or While Supplies Last!
Now, it is time for some of the great giveaways, I have been apart of this week. Enter by clicking on this link, here.
Last, but certainly not least, please don’t forget to check out my web design company for specials running at J9 Designs for all your web design needs, as well as my blogging advice, too.
Please Visit my Sponsor of The Month:
One Click Is All It Takes!!