Recently, I was going through my local Stop and Shop Weekly Ad for all specials and coupons, when I got to the back of the ad and found a recipe for a unique and cute cookie that I thought my girls would like to try.
The recipe was called Melting Snowmen and I, of course, cut it out. I ended up waiting until the next week to purchase the ingredients to be a bit closer to Christmas, but still all ingredients were on sale.
The recipe simply called for Krusteaz Sugar Cookie Mix, Marshmallows, Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Vanilla Frosting, as well as decorating icing tubes.
I decided to switch out the vanilla icing for peppermint (which is still the same white color), since it is Christmas and also used mini chocolate chips and candy corn (for the nose) to decorate, plus sprinkles.
The girls had so much fun decorating these with us and Lily, of course, fell in love with the red sugar sprinkles! Let’s just say, she went a bit overboard and you can totally tell which cookies are decorated with love and red sprinkles by Lily!
But all and all the melting snowmen were a huge hit, especially since we just had seen Frozen with the snowman Olaf (the girls loved him). So, I totally had to include our favorite part, where Olaf sings about summer and ironically hasn’t a clue about its effects, like melting!
So, I thought I would share a few photos from our melting snowmen cookie decorating night and then the simple recipe you too can try at home that I used from Stop and Shop.
If you would like to try this at home now, here is the simple recipe to try.
- 1 Package Krusteaz Sugar Cookie Mix, 15.5 oz.
- 12 Large Marshmallows
- Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Peppermint Frosting, 16 oz.
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Candy Corn
- Sprinkles (any color you want)
- Mix cookie mix according to directions and make 12 of the 3 inch size cookies.
- Once the cookies are cool, spread the frosting around with the back of a spoon, let some dribble over the edge for a "puddle" look.
- Spray a microwave safe plate with cooking spray, and place marshmallows on the plate. Set the microwave for 30 seconds, but stop the microwave as soon as the marshmallows start to get puffy. Carefully pull the marshmallows off by the base (I used a fork gently here) and set them on top of the frosted cookies.
- Decorate as you like with the chocolate chips, candy corn and sprinkles, too!
One Click Is All It Takes!!