“This post was sponsored by WaterWipes as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.”
Any mom of babies will tell you that wipes are an essential baby care need day or night.
As a once mom of two babies, there was a time when baby wipes were something I would never go without in my home for diaper changes, spit up and more. And I most certainly wouldn’t leave home without a package of wipes in my then diaper bag.
Back right after I had my younger daughter though, we discovered she had very sensitive skin (still does), when we first brought her home from the hospital. See we noticed how red she was getting from using regular wipes during diaper changes.
For this reason, we soon realized we weren’t going to be able to use these types of wipes, which contained many chemicals and other harmful ingredients that did not agree with her delicate skin. So, we started to use cotton clothes with just warm water to clean her for those first few months as we couldn’t seem to find a safe chemical or preservative-free alternative at the time.
But that baby stage of her life is most definitely behind us here with actually both my girls being school aged and no longer indeed babies at all.
Yet, we still use wipes here quite often, because big kids have wipe worthy messes (mine included) even if they are no longer the diaper/potty, spit-up or baby wipe variety.
And again, my younger daughter still has highly sensitive skin that has found her getting rashes from many different products as she has even suffered from eczema in the past, as well.
Therefore, I was never more happy to learn that our local Target sold WaterWipes now, which are chemical free, not containing any preservatives with all natural ingredients being 99.9% Water and 0.1% Fruit Extract. WaterWipes were recently awarded the Seal of Acceptance by the National Eczema Association. WaterWipes are both durable and effective without indeed containing any harmful chemicals. Therefore WaterWipes proves a safer, natural option for all little ones (mine included).
The WaterWipes package will keep for up to 15 months before it is opened. Once you open your WaterWipes package, they recommend that you use the pack within 1 month.
Unlike some other wipe brands, WaterWipes are not inter-folded. This allows for the sterile environment within the package to be maintained. For the same reason, they also recommend that you do not relocate the wipes in an alternate container.
Honestly, wish these would have been available back when both my girls were babies.
But still, we purchased them now with high hopes to try, because trust me on a daily basis my kids use wipes for all sorts of kid worthy mayhem, but still need to be mindful of our younger one’s sensitive skin issues.
Use them we totally did and happened to love WaterWipes from Target. They are our go to wipes now, because WaterWipes handled all sorts of messes the girls dished out, but also held up to the promise of being pure, natural and safe, as well.
So what are some instances that my girls used WaterWipes for?
Here are the top 10 instances that my school-aged girls needed to use WaterWipes in our home recently.
- Breakfast-pancake syrup sticky spills and hands, too.
- Toothpaste remnants left over after teeth brushing concludes, especially in the creases of small mouths.
- After a messy snack comes to an end, such as orange cheese doodle hands or melting ice cream/ice pop faces.
- For leaky juice box spills that find us often enough for my juice box drinking kids.
- Out to dinner at a restaurant, there are always big kid mishaps awaiting wipe usage for us.
- While running errands and shopping at, such places as Target, there often is need for a wipe or two.
- Especially during cold and flu season for runny noses, boogers, and more, we find good uses for wipes.
- After school playground playing for muddy messes. Thank god for wipes.
- Spaghetti or pasta dinner faces are just one of the many dinner foods that wipes do wonders for.
- Crayon and marker coloring on skin rather than paper, which happens more often than not.
What would you use WaterWipes for with your big kid?
**As an added bonus, Influence Central will randomly select 1 winner from all program entries and will handle fulfillment of the winning prizes in conjunction with WaterWipes through which my readers can enter to win a $100 Target gift card!
Contest is open now and closes December 4.
My readers can now enter the giveaway below: