But I have a confession to make.
Yes, I know that the title of my blog infers that I confess here often. But nevertheless, here comes a colossal confession.
I have never actually cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my family. Nor have I have cooked a turkey myself.
I know what you may be thinking?
Such as, “That’s it!” or “How in 39 years have you not done either of these?”
Pretty simple. While I have hosted plenty of events and cooked many different types of meals, this is one I have never had the pleasure of though. Because either my mom or mother-in-law has hosted for us.
But I have made appetizers, sides and/or even desserts. Also, I have hosted smaller get togethers around this time of the year, such as birthday parties for my almost turkey baby. See, my youngest was born two days before Thanksgiving. This year her birthday happens to be on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and next year actually falls right on Thanksgiving.
Right now, I am in planning mode for her birthday, as well as what my contribution to this year’s Thanksgiving will be.
That said, I always shop at our local Stop and Shop, as it is truly it lives up to its name as my one stop shopping experience for all sorts of events.
While at Stop and Shop for this year’s Thanksgiving feast, I am able to purchase all the supplies I need to help with what I will be making this year.
Because once again, I don’t have to run from store to store to gather everything I need. Seriously Thanksgiving time is busy enough!
What exactly did I get on my most recent Stop and Shop trip?
How did Stop and Shop help?
1. Decor –
That’s right Stop and Shop actually sells supplies to help with the decor of any event, such as themed paper goods (plates, napkins and more).
2. Make sure to get all supplies needed –
Not only can I purchase the decor, but I also found all the supplies for the recipe I will be using below to make a kick butt, appetizer!
3. Prepare ahead of time –
All of this allowed to be plan out what I would be making and prep way ahead of time.
4. Have an awesomely themed appetizer –
And now for the awesome Thanksgiving appetizer that I am serving this year and think you may very well want to, as well…
Pumpkin Spice Dip
- ¾ cup Bailey’s Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
- 1 3.4 oz package vanilla instant pudding
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Graham cracker crumbs for garnish
- Pumpkin Spice Tortilla Chips
- In a bowl, whisk together the Pumpkin Spice Creamer with vanilla instant pudding. Set aside for about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese and sugar.
- Add in pudding to cream cheese mixture and beat.
- Once well combined, fold in the 2 cups of thawed whipped topping and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, fill bowl with Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Dip topped with graham cracker crumbs.
- Enjoy Pumpkin Spiced Tortilla Chips!
***For all NEW Stop and Shop online registrants only, be sure to sign up HERE as there is $5 off load to card coupon.
Do you host Thanksgiving?
Will you shop at Stop & Shop for all your Thanksgiving Day needs?