So it is most definitely that time of the year to bake cookies with the holiday season most definitely upon us. Also, shortbread cookies are a favorite of mine all year round.
Still I am always up for trying out a new cookie recipe if possible, as well.
This year, my mom shared a new recipe she found for Easy Whipped Shortbread Cookies.
Well, this past Saturday it was downright chilly here in NY. It snowed earlier in the day for the first real snow of the season.
Therefore, I thought what better day to stay in and get my baking on.
So, I baked 3 different cookies, including the Easy Whipped Shortbread Cookies.
But I decided to cut the recipe in half, which still gave me almost 4 dozen shortbread cookies!
Plus, I used rainbow sugar crystal sprinkles in red and green to make my shortbread cookies all the more Christmas festive for the season.
These cookies lived up to their name. As they were truly so easy to make. Plus, they are light and basically a fluffy, whipped shortbread cookie.
So, without further ado adding my Easy Whipped Shortbread Cookies recipe for all to enjoy this Christmas season.
- 1 1/2 cups of butter
- 3/4 cups of confectioners sugar
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 3/4 cups of cornstarch
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- First, soften the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Next, whip the butter and confectioners sugar together.
- Then, gradually add and mix in the flour and cornstarch.
- After, mix in vanilla and touch of salt.
- Then, drop spoonfuls of dough on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- After this, fork cookies diagonally to crisscross.
- Once this is done, decorate with red and green sugar crystal sprinkles.
- Bake at 300 degrees at 20 - 22 minutes.
- Once out of the oven cool on cookie racks for about 10 minutes.
- Then, serve to your friends, family or even as the perfect cookies for Santa!!
Will you try to bake these Easy Whipped Shortbread Cookies for the holidays?
What cookies do you bake for the holiday season?
Share with me in the comments…