This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KYTrySomethingNew #CollectiveBias
It really is the most wonderful time of the year that we are heading into now.
For the holly, jolly holidays are indeed upon us all.
I have said it time and again, that I really do love the holidays and specifically Christmas so much.
But still with all the hustle and bustle that comes with this time of the year, I can become overwhelmed to get all done in the nick of time for this grand holiday, especially as a mom to my two young girls. One of the biggest challenges I have faced, because of this, is to sneak some quality and intimate time with my husband by connecting and keeping the romantic flames going, as well as the passion in our marriage alive now that we have been married almost 10 years.
Therefore, I have found that it is truly necessary to spend alone time as a couple during this time of the year.
But thankfully, we have done our best to make it priority and being creative by indeed remembering ourselves as a couple and not just as parents to not let this most special and romantic time of the year pass us by.
And we are hopeful to once again be able to sneak in some romantic, fun and passionate alone couple dating time once again this upcoming year during the holidays, which also quite frankly can help in the bedroom, as well.
However if we do possibly need a bit more to help us once igniting our passions in the bedroom, I recently found K-Y® TOUCH® at my local Walmart to help nurture, cultivate and make our relationship that much better, as well as more intimate.
Still though for all couples, you will most certainly not want to let this time slip by you and using K-Y® TOUCH® can be an added help for all couples.
So in order to keep the romance very much alive, we have also come up with a list of 12 Days of Passion Date Night Ideas to help ignite the passion for couples that we have tested out in the past and hope to try once again this holiday season, too.
12 Days of Passion Holiday Date Night Ideas
- Get dressed up for a special night on the town to see a Christmas (holiday) themed play.
- Get in the holiday spirit by going Christmas/Holiday Shopping alone together for an afternoon or evening date.
- A free and inexpensive holiday date night can include attending a local tree lighting together.
- Spend a romantic night at home watching a Christmas movie night.
- Another home date night idea is to make Christmas cookies/bake together, which can strengthen your bond while working together. Then also getting to enjoy some yummy treats afterwards.
- Drive around town to see local neighborhood lights and decorations.
- Volunteer together to give back at a local soup kitchen.
- Enjoy the winter wonderland outdoors, such as build a snowman, have a snowball fight, go sledding, ice-skating or even make snow angels together.
- Decorate for the holidays together while listening to your favorite Christmas music and drinking spiked eggnog, too.
- Go to a Christmas Party together, whether a friend’s or even holiday company party.
- Drink hot cocoa together while cuddling by candlelight for another cozy date night at home.
- Make DIY Decorations, such as DIY Bottle Cap Snowmen Ornament, which you can now make with my step-by-step guide below:
Tutorial for DIY Bottle Cap Snowman Ornament
You will need to make Snowman Ornament:
- 3 Bottle Caps
- White Spray Paint with Primer
- Red Ribbon
- Brown Yarn
- Black Fine Tip Permanent Marker
- Orange Fine Tip Permanent Marker
- All-purpose glue
Instructions for DIY Snowman Ornament:
- Spray paint 3 bottle caps white. You will want to do about two coats waiting about a half hour between coats to allow for drying.
- Once the bottle caps are dry, you will cut your red ribbon to cover all three bottle caps and excess to also make a loop to accommodate to glue for hanging purposes.
- Now you will cut your yarn and tie it in a bow in between the first and second bottle cap to make a scarf.
- On the yarn scarf, you will glue one button in the middle of the bow.
- Then, you will take your black marker to draw the eyes and mouth on the first bottle cap, as well as three dot buttons vertically on the second bottle cap.
- On the first bottle cap, you will add the orange carrot nose with your orange marker.
- Now, you are all set to hang your DIY Bottle Cap Snowman Ornament!
Once again, don’t forget to stop at your own local Walmart to get K-Y® TOUCH® for some added passion for your own holiday date night soon, where you can use this coupon to get $2 off.
To find out more about K-Y® TOUCH®, find them on Facebook.
So, how will you plan for romance with your partner this Holiday season?
Will you make this easy snowman ornament together?
Sam and I always watch Love Actually this time of year together. In fact, the way he proposed to me was inspired by the movie!
Aw, I love that movie and what a perfect movie to get proposed to 😉
Meredith Spidel says
Such a cute idea!!
Confessions of A Mommyaholic says
Aw, thanks Meredith 😉
These ornaments are such a cute idea! Adorable 🙂 And go you for making romance a priority!
Aw, thanks Meredith on both fronts and trying here – totally a work in progress 😉
Robin (Masshole Mommy) says
That ca me out so cute. This is a great time of the year to reignite that spark 😉
Aw, thanks Robin and I agree perfect time of the year!! 😉
Very clever craft idea. So simple I could probably do it. Thanks for sharing it with us and Happy Thursday, Janine.
Aw, thanks Bill and seriously hope you do try this one! Happy Thursday to you, too 😉
Diane Roark says
I love your list of suggests to not forget about your spouse. When I get busy especially during the holidays, my spouse is the first one to get ignored. We have to eventually make special time for one another before we find ourselves always going in different directions which causes more problems. Making time for one another is so important to having a lasting, HAPPY, CALM, home.
Aw, totally agree and you are right usually the spouse is the first to get forgotten in the holiday hustle and bustle, but glad to share some ideas and inspiration here to combat that here today! 🙂
I love your date night ideas and your clever way of writing this post! You’re good!!!!!!
Aw, Allie thank you so much and you just made me smile more than you know!! 🙂
Alison Tedford says
How adorable is that?!?
Confessions of A Mommyaholic says
Aw, thanks Alison!!! 😉
Carrie Groneman says
You are SO right to keep our sweetie at the TOP of our ‘to-make- a-priority-list’ as they are usually dropped off all together. Thanks for the cute ornament too. Love all you’re doing here Janine!
Aw, thanks so much Carrie. Seriously, your kind words and support always mean the world to me!! 🙂
Alison Chrun says
We just did #2 and it really DID feel like a date!!!
Confessions of A Mommyaholic says
I love #2 as a date idea and so happy to hear that you got to do this recently!!! 🙂
Aunt Gloria says
Glad you and Kevin are making time for each other during this hectic time. Have fun and enjoy the magic moments! Love you…..xxoo
Aw, thanks Aunt Gloria and love you, too xoxo 😉
Ive got two under two.. I think I forgot how things… work. lol. 😉 –
Gingi, I remember that feeling as once upon a time ago, I also had two under the age of two, as well! 🙂
Seriously, my mum watched the girls for me just this week.. two full days.. and hubby had leave so we had the house allllll to ourselves.. so we spent the entire time catching up on house projects and work and then passed out. Steamy, right? lol! –
Yup sounds about right and definitely not easy to always get in romance with or without kids!
I love all of your ideas – especially driving around looking at lights and decorations. 🙂
Aw, thanks Becca and the lights one is so much fun 😉
Carrie @huppiemama says
Thank you so much for these romantic ideas! The ornaments are so cute and would be fun to make with your partner after the kids go to bed. #client
Totally my pleasure and thank you so much Carrie for your kind words here, too!! 🙂
Realy cute idea! And kudos to you for finding time together!
Aw, thanks Kristen and just glad we did!! 🙂
Finding time as a couple during the Holidays is next to impossible! There is too much at stake though if we don’t make time for ourselves though, so way to go Janine and great ideas!
Aw, thanks Jen and I really wanted to give it the old college try 😉
Kristi Campbell says
I’m impressed. I love the snowmen ornaments and your ideas for date night. Really well done, Janine. Like Allie said, you’re good! Also great photo of you and Kevin!
Aw, thank you so much, Kristi and seriously this was so much fun to work on the craft and the list, too 😉
Kenya G. Johnson says
Girl love how you put this post together. You a the sponsor QUEEN! I just giggled at the tweet. Before I read it I was wondering how I was going to make a snowman with some KY Touch and give it to my husband without my son knowing what it was. LOL! 😉
Oh man Kenya your comment was the best and tops all!! But seriously thank you always my dear friend 😉
I’ve been waiting for this one and it doesn’t disappoint!
Cassidy has been sick for most of the last 17,000 years. Before that it was me. We need help for sure.
Aw, coming from you that means the world to me. And I just had Emma sick this weekend so totally get it with the illness streak here, too!
Nellie @ Brooklyn Active Mama says
ahhhhh yes, this is why so many babies are born 10 months from now!! LOL!
So true, Nellie!! 😉
The Pinterested Parent says
I love the craft & yay for you and the hubs keeping the romance alive.
Thank you so much, Kim and coming from you that means the world to me 😉
Isn’t it ironic how a season that’s meant to be about getting closer with friends and family can end up feeling so isolated because of the stress? Love the idea of having a shopping date. Hope your holiday season was full of romance?
Aw, thanks and I know the stress though really does sadly take on a new meaning during this time of the year though!