**This Peeps Bunnies Easter Cake post was originally written as part of a sponsored campaign. I was compensated by Peeps for my honest review and creation. For more information on Peeps Products, please visit, Peeps and Company, here.
Pink shiny bunnies and yellow glittery chicks, these sugary, marshmallow heavenly creations are my earliest Easter memories as a child. Between my parents, who filled Easter baskets (yes plural) with all sorts of candies and my grandparents, too. All these baskets contained so many differing candies, including jelly beans, homemade chocolate bunnies in milk and white chocolate and last, but certainly not least Peeps!
Yes, Peeps were huge in our house and every Easter they were a staple in my baskets that were given to me as a kid. I will never forget how my grandfather (my dad’s dad) would actually somehow have them decorated around my basket handle. He would actually tape them and have them dangle. He was truly artistic and my basket would always look like it belonged in a fancy upscale candy store. And the Peeps were the perfect decoration.
That said, I want to make Easter just as special for my girls and need to come up with some awesome creations. I don’t just want to do the traditional baskets though. So, I came up with a fun and colorful Peeps Bunnies Easter Cake.
Peeps Bunnies Easter Cake Recipe
♦ Store Brand Cake (I always use Pillsbury Funfetti if it is for my kids)
♦ Store Brand Icing (Again Funfetti Icing–Vanilla)
♦ Easter M&M’s
♦ Peeps Easter Bunny Rabbits in Assorted Colors
1. Prepare the cake according to the directions on the box.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 350° F.
3. Once the cake is mixed (I use my KitchenAid Mixer on low setting), then transfer it into two 8” Round Cake pans equally).
4. Bake these two cakes for 35-38 minutes in the oven.
8. Next, put Peeps aound the outside rim of the iced cake.
9. Now you are ready to serve.
- Store Brand Cake, I always use Pillsbury Funfetti if it is for my kids
- Store Brand Icing, Again Funfetti Icing--Vanilla
- Easter M&M’s
- Peeps Easter Bunny Rabbits in Assorted Colors
- Prepare the cake according to the directions on the box.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F.
- Once the cake is mixed (I use my KitchenAid Mixer on low setting), then transfer it into two 8” Round Cake pans equally).
- Bake these two cakes for 35-38 minutes in the oven.
- Let cool completely (about half hour) before removing them from the pan one at a time.
- Ice the bottom layer first and then place the second layer on top, finishing icing the cake.
- Then place M&M’s on the top of the cake.
- Next, put Peeps aound the outside rim of the iced cake.
- Now you are ready to serve.
By the way, Peeps aren’t just for Easter anymore and this Peeps Bunnies Easter Cake recipe can truly be used and adapted for anytime of the year. Enjoy!!!