Do you have a picky eater in your home?
Well, I do. It happens to be my younger daughter. I swear this kid gives me a run for her money on eating even on a good day. I am constantly trying to reinvent the wheel on what I try to get her to eat.
I have come up with a few good go-to meals for her.
My husband recently mentioned we should try to make sliders. We love burgers and told him if he could find a descent recipe, I was all for it.
He was googled sliders and came up with a Food Network recipe from Ina Garten.
We followed her recipe, but came up with our own toppings, too.
We made more then enough and the girls seemed truly interested in these mini burgers just their size. My older daughter was more then pleased. Plus god help me I turned to see my picky eater more then happy to oblige and eat them, too.
So, here is the recipe and like I said this one has been picky eater approved, too!
- 2 pounds premium ground beef, 80 percent lean and 20 perfect fat
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3 teaspoons chopped or minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces sliced Gruyere Cheese
- 12 small Ciabatta Rolls
- 4 ounces baby arugula
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced in 1/8 inch thick rounds
- 2 small red onions, sliced in 1/8 thick rounds
- Ranch Dressing for topping
- Heat Your Barbecue Grill.
- Place the ground beef in a large bowl and add the mustard, olive oil, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix gently with a fork to combine and make sure not to over compress the ingredients.
- Shape the meat into 12 (2-in) square patties of equal size and thickness.
- Once the grill is medium-hot, brush the grill grate with oil to keep the sliders from sticking to the grill.
- Place the sliders on the grill and cook for 4 minutes.
- Turn the sliders over with a spatula and cook for another 4-6 minutes, until medium rare or cook longer for more well done sliders.
- For the last 2 minutes of cooking time, place a thin slice or two of Gruyere cheese on top of each burger and finish cooking with barbecue closed.
- Remove the sliders from the grill and grill sliced in half ciabatta rolls for for 2 minutes.
- To assemble, put 2-3 pieces of baby arugula on top of the bottom bun, then put the slider on top, layers a small portion of onions and tomatoes on top then drizzle some ranch dressing and cover with the top bun.