With Valentine’s Day right around the corner and my girls who love cookies, as well as baking, we knew we needed to try a recipe for something sweet for them.
Our girls absolutely love chocolate chip cookies and my mom actually shared a recipe she had originally gotten from my aunt for a cookie that will sure to please all those with a sweet tooth, plus a great way to celebrate Valentine’s Day, too.
The cookie is similar to a chocolate chip cookies, but instead of milk chocolate chips, we used red heart peppermint chips (which most who follow me know I love white chocolate peppermint from here) to make it that much more special for this holiday.
These cookies are as easy to make as chocolate chip cookies, but oh so festive, too!
Hope you enjoy as much as we did!
Check out the recipe now:
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, not packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 - 3 cups of peppermint chocolate chips
- Put the oven on 325 Degrees
- Cream Butter with Sugar
- Add eggs and vanilla, sift in flour and baking soda; blend until combined, but not full
- Add chips and complete blend
- Drop by tablespoons on un-greased cookie sheet (cookies shouldn't be too small)
- Bake until cookies rise, then begin to fall, about 10-12 minutes.
- They will be soft, let cool completely before removing from sheet.
- Put in tin as soon as completely cooled.
- They should be soft and fudgy!
For those, who are looking for the perfect Valentine’s Day gift, please be sure to check out my Pandora Valentine’s Day article here.
J9 Designs for all your web design needs, plus we offer Paypal’s Bill Me Later, too! Also read our latest article on how I am involved in Plucky’s Blogging Tips & Tricks Series Part 2 with not only blog tips coming your way but an awesome giveaway that is running now, too here.