*This pepperoni pinwheels post was sponsored by Bertolli, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
The holiday season is indeed upon us. With this time of the year comes yummy and scrumptious foods of all types to be tried for all sorts of festivities.
Let’s face it, I love Christmas and all the different foods that come along with celebrating this time of the year.
But still many main courses are staple here, such lasagna, roast beef and more. So, I don’t get to play around as much as I would like with the menu for these.
Yet appetizers and desserts are the two types of foods, I love and get to experiment with at this time of the year.
After recently learning all about the Bertolli Reserva sauces and using it for a recent easy dinner time pasta dish here, I thought I could try and use one of their different sauces in this sauce collection to accompany an easy, equally delicious holiday appetizer I had been wanting to try.
By the way in my home, I always keep crescent rolls on hand for you never know when you could use them to complete any meal time here.
But crescent rolls are also great to make all sorts of different food recipes.
One such Italian-inspired meals recipe, I recently thought to try out for the upcoming holidays is pepperoni pinwheels with Bertolli Dipping Sauce. We usually have pepperoni and different cheeses for appetizers when hosting guests, but being that it is a bit more of a special season for food celebrations, I thought why not try to see if I could make a bit more foodie type appetizer.
This just goes along with the Bertolli® mission to incorporate Special Celebrations with the 5 F’s: Food, Fresh, Friends, Family and Fun.
And of course, I wanted to test them out before the actual Christmas festivities took place in the next couple of weeks.
Let me tell you the pinwheels came out simply perfect and the Bertolli Dipping Sauce was the perfect accompaniment. I was truly impressed with the final result.
So, I will definitely be making these again for Christmas as an appetizer for our family.
But now, I thought I would share the recipe that I perfected for Holiday Pepperoni Pinwheels with Perfect Dipping Sauce below…
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, 2 oz
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni, finely chopped
- 1 can, 8 oz Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent rolls
- Pre-Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix cheese, pepperoni, oregano and egg yolk.
- For crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate dough into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal.
- Spread each rectangle with about 3 tablespoons pepperoni & shredded cheese. Starting at shortest side, roll up each rectangle; pinch edges to seal. Cut each roll into 4 slices. Place, cut side down, 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Now you can try Bertolli® pasta sauce and get a $1.50 coupon, as well as over 100 authentic Italian tips which are cornerstones of many Italian traditions we enjoy today.