*This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeItAMovieNight #CollectiveBias
With it being the colder, winter months here now, we have had to try our best to improvise in finding ways to keep our kids entertained in the evenings on the chilly, weekend nights in our home.
Some of the fun activities that have been successful so far have been game nights with both board games and video games, as well as good, old-fashioned, movie nights.
But in order do make a movie night that much more fun for all in your family, you need three important components:
- Pick out the perfect movie – The movie has to be enjoyed by all–adults need to be able to be entertained, but still have the movie be kid friendly, too. For our most recent family movie night, we chose Hotel Transylvania 2, which is the sequel to the original animated Sony Pictures hit that finds Dracula and friends this time out trying to bring out the vampire in his little grandson in order to keep his daughter and her human husband from leaving the hotel and was newly released at Walmart.
- Movie theatre approved snacks – When watching a movie, you need to be able to feast on popcorn and soda at the very least to bring the movie theatre experience into the comfort of your own home. While at Walmart, I was also able to find some awesome movie theatre approved snacks with Milk Chocolate and Peanut M&M’S® Chocolate Candies, Orville Redenbacher Movie Theatre popcorn and even Coca-Cola 6 pack, too. I was able to find the popcorn right in the snack aisle and the Coca Cola was right at the beginning of the soda/soft drink aisle. As for the M&M’S® Chocolate Candies in convenient canisters, I found right in the checkout aisle as I was getting ready to pay.
- Fun at home snacks, too – But since you are viewing at home, you will want to add some special themed snacks that you have created specially for your home movie night experience. My girls absolutely love cookies whenever possible. So, for our Hotel Transylvania 2 movie night, I decided to make Mummy Cookies with a very simple sugar cookie recipe and decorated them to indeed look like mummies with vanilla frosting, as well as candy goggly eyes for the perfect cookie to view this spooktacular fun movie.
I mean, who doesn’t love taking in a movie and enjoying movie theatre type treats, plus special homemade goodies right from the comfort of your own home?
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tubes Vanilla Cookie Icing
- 2 Packages Edible Candy Eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
- Once cooled, decorate with goggly eyes and vanilla icing.
- Enjoy while watching your own family movie now!
What is your go to movie that you watch for movie night?
Do you want to watch Hotel Transylvania 2 with your family or create your own awesome movie night for your family?
Well now you can, because I am able to give my readers a special VUDU offer.
To qualify for this, follow the instructions below:
- Buy all 4 participating products (Orville Redenbacher popcorn, Milk Chocolate and Peanut M&M’S® Chocolate Candies, Coca-Cola 6-pack) in one transaction at Walmart between 12/22/15 and 2/2/16.
- If you do buy all 4, snap a picture of your receipt and visit uploadreceipt.com/movienight to submit your receipt by 2/9/16 (Tip: take a picture of this URL now so you remember it later).
- Once you do this, you will get a $10 Vudu movie code* by email *While supplies last. Limit 1 per person.
Have a fun family movie night now!