*This mummy cookies shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeItAMovieNight #CollectiveBias
In the cooler fall or winter months, we improvise in finding ways to keep our kids entertained in the evenings on the chilly, weekend nights in our home.
Some fun activities that have been successful have been game nights with both board games and video games. Plus, we enjoy good, old-fashioned, movie nights.
But to make a movie night more fun for your family, you need three important components:
1. Pick out the perfect movie.
See all–adults should be entertained by the movie. But also the movie has to be kid friendly, too. For our most recent family movie night, we chose Hotel Transylvania 2. This is the sequel to the original animated Sony Pictures hit. This time out finds Dracula and friends trying to bring out the vampire in his little grandson. Why? To keep his daughter and her human husband from leaving the hotel. As luck would it, it was newly released at Walmart. Plus, it is the perfect movie for Halloween time and beyond.
2. Movie theatre approved snacks.
When watching a movie, you need to feast on popcorn and soda at the very least. See this brings the movie theatre experience into the comfort of your own home. While at Walmart, I also found some awesome movie theatre approved snacks. These snacks included Milk Chocolate and Peanut M&M’S® Chocolate Candies, Orville Redenbacher Movie Theatre popcorn and even Coca-Cola 6 pack. I found the popcorn right in the snack aisle. Plus, the Coca Cola was right at the beginning of the soda/soft drink aisle. As for the M&M’S® Chocolate Candies in convenient canisters, they were located right in the checkout aisle conveniently I was getting ready to pay.
3. Fun at home snacks, too.
But since you are viewing at home, you want to add some special themed snacks. These should be created specially for your home movie night experience. My girls absolutely love cookies whenever possible. So, for our Hotel Transylvania 2 movie night, I decided to make Mummy Cookies.#MakeItAMovieNight this Halloween? Mummy Halloween themed cookies are perfect for the occasion.Click To Tweet
These mummy cookies are made with a very simple sugar cookie recipe. These mummy cookies are also decorated to look like mummies with vanilla frosting. Plus, I add candy goggly eyes for the perfect cookie to view this spooktacular fun movie.
I mean, who doesn’t love taking in a movie, movie theatre type treats, plus special mummy cookies at home.
For Butter Cookie
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tubes Vanilla Cookie Icing
- 2 Packages Edible Candy Eyeballs
- First preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Then in a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Next, bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
- Then once cooled, decorate with goggly eyes and vanilla icing.
- Last, enjoy while watching your own family movie now!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 299
What is your go to movie that you watch for movie night?
Have you seen Hotel Transylvania 2 with your family?
Will you make mummy cookies to enjoy, too?
Have a fun family movie night now!