This Cheesy Garlic Knots recipe shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeamPizza #CB #CollectiveBias
As much as I am dreaming of spring training for the baseball, it is very much football season.
In my house, my husband is a huge football fan. He watches both college and professional football from late summer through the Super Bowl.
I doth protest for the majority of long, football season. But still I love the sport for one big reason. But for what? The food is my major love. This is especially true for the Super Bowl. Plus, my husband loves to have all sorts of foodie treats on hand for this occasion.
We plan a few weeks in advance while the playoff season is still going strong. On a recent Saturday, he was watching football games. I then decided to go shopping at my local Target.
It is another known secret that I love to shop. See I would rather be shopping, especially at Target than watching football. So while at Target, I took a look at some of the food options that we could possibly use for the big game coming up.
As I was browsing the frozen food cases, I came across Red Baron Pizzas. We absolutely love pizza. So, it dawned on me that we could have pizza for the big game with Red Baron. See this would save us time in the kitchen without sacrificing great taste. Plus, it’d give us more time to watch the actual game instead of prepare the main course.
And what better pizza to use than Red Baron, which is known for their Crust Perfection in Every Bite! I chose Red Baron Pizzas with their Classic Crust 4 Cheese Pizza, as well as Red Baron Classic Crust Pepperoni Pizza.
But pizza isn’t complete without garlic knots. See my husband and I always need our garlic knot fix when we have pizza.
So, to accompany our Red Baron Pizzas, I’ll also be making some Simple Cheesy Garlic Knots. This will make our Super Bowl meal that much more special.
Plus dessert is a must, too. So last, but certainly not least I also will be serving Edwards Turtle Pie. A bonus as I also found it in the freezer case at Target. Edwards Turtle Pie is a classic pie treat with decadent layers of chocolate and caramel sprinkled with pecans and chocolate chunks on a cookie crumb crust.
So this year our big game day feast has it all with Red Baron Pizzas, Cheesy Garlic Knots and Edwards Turtle Pie, too!
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 16-ounce tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, Parmesan, garlic powder, oregano, parsley and salt; set aside.
- Cut 8 biscuits in Half to end up with 16 pieces. Roll each piece into a rope and then tie into a knot with ends tucked in.
- Put the knots onto baking sheet and brush each knot with half of the butter/garlic mixture. Put in oven and cook for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Enjoy with your big game experience!
What will you be making for the big game?
Want to get Red Baron Pizza at Target?