*I was compensated by Lysine to review their product for cold sore use. But all opinions are expressly my own here.
Last week, we hit record breaking warm temperature highs here in NY.
Then only days later, the temperature took a nose dive falling almost 40 degrees.
This only confirmed what I already knew though.
But what would that be?
Well even though it is still fall, winter is just a natural phenomenon that it coming whether I like it or not.
See mostly I am not a fan as most know around here.
So with the weather indeed changing and cold/flu season upon us, all sorts of ailments are also naturally just bound to be waiting right around the corner.
That said, one of the many things that could befall us is cold sores.
What is a cold sore?
Therefore, I read on to find out how to prevent and/or treat cold sores…
1. Protect your lips.
2. Keep stress low.
3. Avoid touching lips.
4. Eat lysine-rich foods.
For my Creamy Crockpot Mashed Potatoes Recipe, see below now:
- 2 pounds Idaho Russet potatoes, washed, peeled and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup milk
- Add chopped and peeled potatoes to a greased slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low or 5-6 hours on low.
- When potatoes are cooked and fork-tender, add all remaining ingredients (let the butter melt for a couple of minutes).
- Use a hand mixer or a masher to mash the potatoes.
- Serve warm.