*This is not a sponsored post. But happily sharing my long lasting love of pistachio nuts, as well as my new found love for Setton Farms Dark Chocolate Pistachios. Plus, a yummy pistachio recipe inspired by this.
Do you love pistachio nuts?
Well, one of my all-time favorite snacking foods is pistachio nuts. See, as far back as I can recall I could eat them by the handfuls.
Also, who doesn’t love ice cream?
Well, I think you know I do from here. Plus, one of my favorite ice cream flavors is pistachio. As well as, I have been known to use pistachio shavings as an ice cream topping, as well.
Do you love cookies, too?
Well, I also am a cookie lover, as well. Therefore, I tried a new cookie recipe that allowed me to harness my pistachio nut craving.
See this cookie is not only sprinkled with ground pistachios. But is also topped with Setton Farms Dark Chocolate Covered Pistachios.
Chocolate and pistachios? How could you go wrong there??
Because pistachios are actually good for you, especially dark chocolate pistachios.
See Dark Chocolate Pistachios provide snackers with the heart healthy benefits of pistachios along with the amazing qualities of antioxidant-rich dark chocolate. Plus, pistachios are chock full of potassium, protein, and fiber, making Dark Chocolate Pistachios an indulgence you can feel good about. Also they are delicious, power-packed and portable. So, this sweet treat is a must-have item for your pantry, lunch box or office drawer.
Some Fun Dark Chocolate Pistachio Facts:
• First, a serving of dark chocolate pistachios 2-3 times a week can help lower your blood pressure and the risk of heart disease.
• Next, pistachios and cocoa are loaded with nutrients and rich in antioxidants, which can help prevent a variety of chronic diseases and slow the signs of aging.
• Also, dark chocolate can increase blood flow to the brain and heart, helping to improve cognitive function.
• On top of that, you can obtain as much dietary fiber from a serving of pistachios as from a 1/2 cup of cooked broccoli.
So you can find Setton Dark Chocolate Pistachios at major grocery store chains across the country such as: Bristol Farms, Albertson’s, Associated Grocers, C&S, Fairway, Key Food, Raindew Family Center, Rainbow, Save A Lot, Shoprite, TJ Maxx, Zabars, A&P, Winn Dixie, Bi-Lo, Waldbaum’s, Mariano’s, NY Times, CNBC, etc. They are also available online at Amazon.com and Puritan.com.
Now on to the dark chocolate pistachio cookie recipe as promised…
- ½ cup vegan butter ½ cup organic evaporated cane sugar 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract 1 cup un-bleached all-purpose flour ¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seeds
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons ground Setton Farms pistachios 1 bag 5 oz Setton Farms Dark Chocolate Pistachios
Preheat oven to 350°.
In a large bowl, cream together vegan butter and sugar, until well mixed. Add vanilla and almond extracts and mix until uniform.
In a separate bowl, combine all purpose flour, whole wheat pastry flour, flax seeds, baking powder and sea salt. Mix until uniform and fold into wet ingredients. Add almond milk and whisk gently to combine.
Scoop about ¼ cup batter onto baking sheet. Sprinkle each cookie with ground pistachios and place desired amount of Setton Farms Dark Chocolate Covered Pistachios on top of each cookie.
Bake for about 20-22 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire cooling rack.
Adapted from Recipe Courtesy of Spork Foods, 2017
Will you try dark chocolate pistachio cookies?
Also, what is your favorite cookie?
Now, tell me in the comments…