*This Heart Shaped Valentine Stacked Cookies Recipe contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
Recently, I confessed my love of candy for Valentine’s Day and more.
[clickToTweet tweet=”This Valentine’s Day make perfect Valentine Cookie Stacked Hearts with this fun cookie recipe.” quote=”This Valentine’s Day make perfect Valentine Cookie Stacked Hearts with this fun cookie recipe.” theme=”style1″]
But here is the thing, I also love cookies! I mean if I could rival Sesame Street’s Cookie Monster for the love of cookies, I would! Seriously, I love eating cookies in all shapes and forms. Plus, I am big on making them throughout the year for all different holidays, not just Christmas cookies. Plus, I truly enjoy baking cookies.
But for each holiday, I also love decorating cookies baked cookies to be festive for the occasion.
Therefore with Valentine’s Day on the horizon, I am now baking, decorating and enjoying Valentine themed cookies. I am simply using heart shaped cookie cutters, frosting icing tips and piping bags for this one.
My favorite right now are Heart Shaped Valentine Stacked Cookies.
These are perfect for Valentine’s Day being heart shaped for all things hearts right now.
Plus, they are also decorated with pink frosting festively for the big day. On top of this, these cookies are so tasty, too!
Do you want to make my Heart Shaped Valentine Stacked Cookies, too?
Then, read on for my full Heart Shaped Valentine Stacked Cookies recipe now…
Heart Shaped Valentine Stacked Cookies
- 1 C. butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 3 C. flour
- strawberry frosting, I used Pillsbury strawberry
- heart cookie cutter
- round frosting tip
- disposable piping bag
- pink frosting, I used Pillsbury strawberry flavor
- 12 oz Wilton chocolate candy melts
- small sandwich bag
- 3 heart cookie cutters in varying sizes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, combine the softened butter. Whip until creamy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla extra and egg, continue to mix.
- Sift in the 3 cups of flour and baking powder.
- The mixture will be stiff so use your hands to finish mixing, if needed.
- Divide the dough into 3-4 smaller batches.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface to about 1/4" thick.
- Use the heart cookie cutters to cut the same number of hearts in each size.
- Place the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2" a part.
- Place the cookies in the oven.
- Set a timer for 3-4 minutes and remove the cookie sheet from the oven and remove the smallest hearts from the cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet back into the oven.
- Set the timer for another 2 minutes and then remove the medium size hearts.
- Place the cookie sheet back into the oven for the large hearts to finish baking another 2-3 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely.
Decorating Heart Shaped Cookies
- Attach the frosting tip to the disposable piping bag and fill with strawberry frosting.
- Gently frost the edges of the bottom of a medium heart shaped cookie.
- Next place the cookie on top of the large heart cookie.
- Gently frost the bottom of the smallest heart and place on top of the stack.
- Repeat with all the cookies.
- Poor the chocolate candy melts into a microwave safe dish.
- Heat in 30 second increments, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Let the melted chocolate cool a few minutes.
- Scoop the chocolate into the small sandwich bag and snip the corner with a pair of scissors.
- Gently squeeze the chocolate out of the bag and across the cookies.
- Repeat with all cookies and let set.
There you have it the perfect Heart Shaped Valentine’s Day Stacked Cookies to make for you and your Valentine now!