*This Melting Snowmen Cookie Recipe for the winter contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
Back in 2013, I was going through my local Stop and Shop Weekly Ad for all specials and coupons. It was then that I found a recipe for a unique and cute cookie that I thought my girls would like to try. The recipe was called Melting Snowmen. I cut the recipe out and we made them around Christmas time that year.
That was over 4 years ago and still this recipe is one of my families favorites.
Still my girls had so much fun decorating them then with us. Therefore, this recipe has now become a favorite family cookie making experience here during the winter months—NOT just Christmas time! See these are perfect as a Christmas time cookie, but also beyond. I mean winter time and snowmen go hand-in-hand.
I, for one, love this one during a snowstorm. Why? Because instead of playing out in the freezing cold snow to make a snowman, we can make our very own, melting snowmen indoors. Staying warm, making family memories and enjoying some yummy cookies indoors, too. Win-win!!
But again the melting snowmen were a huge hit in 2013, especially since the girls first love of snowmen with Frozen’s snowman Olaf. They still sing along with Olaf when he sings about summer and ironically hasn’t a clue about its effects, like melting!
So, enjoy some photos first from our original melting snowmen cookie decorating night from 2013. Still can’t believe how much my girls have grown since that first time out! And hope you can make these to celebrate your next winter, family snow day, as well.
By the way in more recent times though, it came to my attention that my very good blogging friend, Tamara also loves to make these cookies. So, as per her request I updated this original article to share not only my family’s love of Melting Snowmen, but my blogging bestie’s love of melting snowmen, too! Plus, we just had two back-to-back snow days here after living through the recent bomb cyclone storm at the end of last week. Therefore, what better time than now to re-visit this melting snowman cookie recipe.Looking for a fun snowman decorating cookie to make with your family. Check out this recipe.Click To Tweet
Do you want to make melting snowmen cookies?
Then, check out the recipe below:
Melting Snowmen Cookies Recipe
- 3 cups of flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Large marshmallows
- Orange and black decorating frosting
- White Wilton Cookie Icing
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to combine the butter and sugar. Add the egg and milk and mix until completely combined. Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix on low until mixed together.
- Wrap the dough in saran wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Sprinkle a large surface with flour or powdered sugar. Place dough on top and roll flat with a rolling pin. Use a small circle cookie cutter to cut out your cookies.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Rotate pan and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- On a large marshmallow, use the black decorating frosting to make two eyes and a mouth. Use the orange decorating frosting to make a carrot nose.
- Use the white Wilton cookie icing to ice the top of the cookies.
- Before it hardens, add the large marshmallow on top.
- Use the black decorating frosting to draw two arms below the head.
- Add 3 mini chocolate chips for buttons.
Adapted from Stop And Shop
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300
Will you try our melting snowmen cookies with your family?
Do you have fun family winter snow day traditions?
Now, tell me in the comments…