*This Ladybug Fruit Cups Snack Tutorial Recipe contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
I am not always sure about some things. But I am sure about one thing, my kids love to snack pretty much throughout the day when they are home. And when they are at school, they also bring in a separate snack to eat during the school day.
Recently, I thought with Valentine’s Day and spring in the near future to try out a snack tutorial idea here for my kids.
This one involves the color red, as well as ladybugs.Go ahead make fun and easy snack cup ladybugs for your kids. Find out how by this is step by step tutorial here.Click To Tweet
Yes, I dressing up red fruit and/or Jello cups to look like ladybugs. I use fruit cups to make this snack just a bit healthier. But either can be used.
I mean my girls are not fans of bugs, but they love ladybugs. See these can be enjoyed at home or at school. Plus pretty much anytime of the day, too.
These ladybug fruit cups are easy and also relatively cheap to make. Two of my favorite things when I am creating.
Once again, the base for this is fruit and/or Jello Cup. I also just added a bit of a crafty touch with glitter, googly eyes, pipe cleaners and more. So your fruit and/or Jello Cups are thus easily transformed into adorable red ladybug creatures.
Want to make these Ladybug Fruit Cups for snack for your kids?
Then, keep reading on now for my simple tutorial…
Ladybug Fruit Cups Snacks for Kids
- Red jello and/or fruit cups
- Black glitter
- White craft glue
- Red heart shaped craft foam
- Black pipe cleaner
- Googly eyes
- Turn a fruit cup upside down so that its lid is face down.
- Use a paintbrush to paint some circles onto the fruit cup with craft glue.
- Sprinkle black glitter onto the glue circles on each fruit cup. Knock off the excess into a garbage can or onto a paper plate. You can also use a dry paintbrush to wipe away the excess.
- Glue two googly eyes onto the rounded parts of a red craft foam heart. We found these hearts and googly eyes at the Dollar Tree.
- Attach the heart foam shape to the bottom of the fruit cup with glue. When this is done, the pointy end of the heart shape will be hidden under the fruit cup. This will serve as your ladybug’s head.
- Cut a black pipe cleaner into four equal pieces.
- Make curved antenna shapes out of each piece of pipe cleaner.
- Use glue to attach the pipe cleaner antennae to the front of the fruit cup just above the ladybug’s head. You can view the photo for reference on where to place these.
There you have it a fun, kid friendly snack idea that you can make for your kids for Valentine’s Day and beyond with Ladybug Snack Cups.
What are your favorite, go-to snack ideas for your kids?
Now, tell me in the comments…