*This Chocolate Rice Krispie Bunny Treats Recipe Tutorial contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
Growing up, I can recall the first time my mom made my brother and I homemade Rice Krispies Treats. They were seriously little Rice Krispies and melted gooey marshmallow heaven. They were just plain bars. But you would have thought she struck gold.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Looking for a fun and easy Rice Krispies recipe for spring and Easter time? Then, you need to take a look at Chocolate Rice Krispies Bunny Themed Treats Recipe.” quote=”Looking for a fun and easy Rice Krispies recipe for spring and Easter time? Then, you need to take a look at Chocolate Rice Krispies Bunny Themed Treats Recipe.” theme=”style1″]
We loved them so much, that my dear old mom decided to make them for Christmas one year, but colored them with green food coloring. Then, another year she shaped them like Easter eggs for Easters.
Almost 30+ years later and I still remember that. So, of course, I have experimented with homemade Rice Krispies here in the past. But I will admit since the stores actually sell them pre-made I have gotten a bit lax in the past few years with making them homemade.
But recently, I thought I would get creative for Easter and spring time. Of course, I thought why not try to make Easter themed Rice Krispies treats. But instead of eggs, I decide to go with bunny treats.
Put this all together and you get the most perfect, cutest Rice Krispies Bunny Treats for all for this Easter or spring season.
Do you want to make Chocolate Rice Krispie Bunny Treats?
Then read on for my step-by-step recipe tutorial below…
Chocolate Rice Krispie Bunny Treats Recipe
- 6 C. Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies OR Cocoa Pebbles Cereal
- 6 tbsp. butter, cut into chunks
- 10 oz package of mini marshmallows
- Foil or parchment paper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Bunny shaped cookie cutter
- Large candy eyes
- Pink Easter grass candy
- Small pink heart candies, you could also substitute pink M&M's
- Small marshmallows, cut in half (ears)
- Pink sugar crystals
- Chocolate frosting
- Small round frosting tip
- Disposable piping bag
- Kitchen scissors
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil (you could also use parchment paper) and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat the 10 oz of mini marshmallows and 6 tablespoons of butter on low/medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once the marshmallows have melted about 3/4, stir in the chocolate cereal until completely coated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and use the back of the spoon to evenly press down.
- Let set up for a few hours.
- Use the cookie cutter to cut out as many bunny shapes as your can and set aside.
- Attach the round frosting tip to the piping bag and fill with chocolate frosting.
- Give each bunny 2 large candy eyes by squeezing a small dab of chocolate frosting on the back and pressing them onto the bunny.
- Take 2 small marshmallow halves and dip the sticky side into the pink sugar crystals. Squeeze a small dab of frosting on the back of the marshmallow half and place on the bunny's ears so it's stays in place.
- Squeeze a small dab of chocolate frosting on the back of the small heart candy for the bunny's nose.
- Lastly, use the kitchen scissor to cut whiskers from the pink Easter grass - about 1" long. Dab a small amount of frosting on the ends and place on the bunny's face.
- Repeat with all the bunny's.
There you have it an easy and fun way for all kids to enjoy Rice Krispies this upcoming spring with Chocolate Rice Krispie Bunny Treats.
What are some fun ways you and your family enjoy Rice Krispies in your home?
Will you make Chocolate Rice Krispie Bunny Treats this spring?
Now, tell me in the comments…