“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Armour Premium All Natural Lard, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #ArmourPremiumLard http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”
My girls are huge cupcake lovers. But as much as they love cupcakes, I know that cupcakes can sometimes not be the healthiest of all snack options for them. So, enter Armour Premium All-Natural Lard.
So, back in the fall, I made mini spiced pumpkin cupcakes. They were a bit healthier cupcake option having pumpkin as an ingredient, as well as, miniature size for better portion control.
But pumpkin is truly a fall vegetable. Fall is indeed long behind us right now. We are happily heading full steam into spring time now.
Make no mistake, cupcakes though still are a preferred snack choice here for my girls.
However, I was opting for a healthier spring cupcake version.
That is when I thought what about mini carrot cake cupcakes. Again that fun miniature sized portion. But this time out using carrots instead of pumpkin. Plus, I recently happened upon Armour Premium All-Natural Lard when I was recently shopping at my local Walmart. I actually found Armour Premium All-Natural Lard in the baking aisle at my local Walmart.
What is Armour Premium All-Natural Lard?
Armour Premium All-Natural Lard is actually one of the healthiest fats to cook with! See I know lard isn’t a very pretty word. But Armour Premium All-Natural Lard actually has zero trans fats. I mean it even has less saturated fat than butter and no trans fat like shortening. It also has heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. Plus, it even lowers LDL cholesterol, because of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats.
On top of this, Armour Premium All-Natural Lard is gluten free. And it is versatile in the kitchen as it can be used for baking, frying, and/or sautéing. See it can be used to make all sorts of gorgeous and healthy recipes.
So, I thought way not give Armour Premium All-Natural Lard a try.
Therefore, I used it for my mini carrot cake cupcakes instead of oil. See Lard is flavorless so it didn’t change up the flavor in my cupcake recipe!
But back to the delectable mini carrot cake cupcakes recipe…
[clickToTweet tweet=”Looking for the perfect sweet treat this spring? Then, check out my mini cupcake recipe with carrot cake and cream cheese icing, too! @walmart #ArmourPremiumLard #Pmedia #ad” quote=”Looking for the perfect sweet treat this spring? Then, check out my mini cupcake recipe with carrot cake and cream cheese icing, too! @walmart #ArmourPremiumLard #Pmedia #ad” theme=”style1″]
Do you want to make scrumptious, but healthier mini carrot cupcakes for your family now, too?
Then read onto to get the recipe now:
Mini Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 cup Armour Premium All-Natural Lard
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups shaved carrots
Cream cheese frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line and a miniature cupcake pan with miniature cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl combine your brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix well.
- Mix in your applesauce and milk.
- Mix in your lard and softened butter.
- Mix in your eggs one at a time.
- Separate mixing bowl combine your flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- Pour your flour mixture into your wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fill each baking cup up halfway with your carrot cake batter and bake for 10 minutes.
- Combine your softened cream cheese and softened butter in a large mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
- Mix in your vanilla extract.
- Mix in your powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until you have the consistency and taste you would like.
- Scoop into a frosting bag and frost your cupcakes.
If you are like me and love cream cheese frosting, then you will need to double the frosting amount.
There you have with the perfect, spring healthier carrot cake mini cupcake recipe that all (even picky eaters) will be begging for more! Thanks in part to Armour Premium All-Natural Lard.
What are your favorite healthier snacks for the spring time?
Now tell me in the comments…