*This St. Patrick’s Day Green Edible Jello Playdough For Kids contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
I can truly recall it like it was yesterday. See my older daughter was only 3. It was her first year in pre-school. Back then, she was a very quiet and shy little girl. So, I never was told she was a troublemaker or outspoken by any means. This was a kid who clearly blended into the woodworks at this point in her little life. Don’t get me wrong at home she was anything, but this. However, at school she was just more reserved.
So this day in particular, I was waiting outside the door to pick her up. I got to the door and the teacher’s helper proceeded to tell me that my little 3 year old girl tried to sample the Playdough. Apparently she found her as she was attempting to put Playdough in her mouth.
My reaction was simple. I asked if she was OK. Which she clearly was and that was that. But I do recall asking my girl why she would try to eat Playdough. Her response was even less complex than my own. See she simply liked the smell and wondered what it would taste like. I honestly couldn’t argue her logic. But I did make her promise she wouldn’t try to eat the Playdough at pre-school again and stick to only edible foods.
That said almost 6 years later and both my girls still love to create with Playdough. While it may not be my favorite thing for them to play with. After that day though, I also decided if my girls were to play with Playdough at home that I would at least make my own that was indeed edible.Do your kids love to play with Playdough. Are you looking for an easy edible Playdough recipe? Then check out my simple green Jello Playdough recipe perfect for St. Patrick's Day and beyond.Click To Tweet
So I thought with St. Patrick’s Day nearly here, I’d share my St. Patrick’s Day Green Edible Jello Playdough For Kids.
This playdough is not only edible, but it seriously just perfect for St. Patrick’s Day and spring in general. It is also pretty easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
The main ingredient is Jello, which is one of the most kid friendly ingredients out there. I mean judging from my own kids who happen to just love Jello. Plus, it is topped off with sprinkles. I mean what kids doesn’t like sprinkles?!
Sounds easy enough to make, right?
Well if you’d like to make St. Patrick’s Day Green Edible Jello Playdough For Kids, then read on now…
St. Patrick’s Day Green Edible Jello Playdough For Kids
- 1 box Lime green Jello
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. Salt
- 2 ½ tbsp. Cream of tartar
- St. Patrick’s Day themed sprinkles
- Mix all of your ingredients together in a saucepan. Make sure that the water is warm when you add it to the mixture.
- Stir the mixture constantly over medium heat on the stove until all of the lumps are gone and the consistency is smooth.
- Continue to stir the mixture until it starts to thicken and clump together. This will take some time, close to 10 minutes in some cases, so just keep stirring so the mixture will not stick to the bottom of the pot or burn.
- When you can no longer stir the mixture anymore, and it has formed one big lump that does not stick to your finger, remove it from the heat.
- Place the playdough mixture onto a cutting board or counter lined with flour.
- Let the mixture cool completely.
- Once cooled, knead the playdough with some extra flour until it is no longer sticky when played with.
- Add some St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles to your playdough mixture and knead them in well.
- Let little ones play with and enjoy the playdough. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
There you have a fun crafty, but edible kids friendly project with St. Patrick’s Day Green Edible Jello Playdough For Kids.
Do your kids love to play and create with Playdough?
Have they ever tried to eat Playdough?
Now, tell me in the comments…