*This First Holy Communion Bible Cookies Recipe Tutorial contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
This happens to be the second year in a row that we will be celebrating a First Holy Communion for one of our kids here.
See last year, my oldest daughter received her First Holy Communion before the end of April.
Our youngest will be actually receiving her First Holy Communion on May 5th or Cinco de Mayo this year.
While, we are the most religious here, we are still practicing Catholics. See both my husband and I received all our sacraments in the Catholic Church, including getting married with a mass celebration in the same Catholic parish that both our girls go to religious education, as well as are doing their own sacraments at.
To that end, this is indeed year two of First Holy Communions for us. So, I was recently thinking about fun dessert and/or favor ideas. It was then that I came up with the idea of making mini bibles out of Fig Newtons.
Easy and simple enough. Plus, they came out looking just like little bibles. So absolutely perfect for a communion party dessert treat or even a fun favor to give out, as well.
Do you want to find out how to make mini Communion bible cookies, too?Do you have a First Holy Communion you will be celebrating soon? We do and sharing a fun and easy recipe tutorial for mini bible communion cookies. Perfect for dessert or favors, too!Click To Tweet
Then, check out my very easy and simple step-by-step Communion Bible Cookies Recipe Tutorial now:
First Holy Communion Bible Cookies Recipe
- Fig Newton Cookies
- Decorating Icing in a color of your choice
- Red or yellow fruit roll ups
- Outline the top of a Fig Newton cookie with a thin rectangle frame of decorator’s icing. This can be in any color that you like, but we prefer white.
- Next, make two vertical lines with icing on either end of one side of the cookie. This will make the spine of your Bible.
- Draw a cross with icing in the middle of the top of your Fig Newton cookie.
- Cut a small rectangle shape from a Fruit Roll Up. Gently push it into the filling on top of the cookie. This will be the top of your bookmark for the Bible.
- Cut another rectangle from the Fruit Roll Up, but this time, cut a small triangle out of the bottom edge of it. Gently push this piece into the filling on the bottom of the cookie so that it sticks out slightly. This will be the bottom of the bookmark in your Bible cookie.
- Stick the cookies in the fridge or freezer for a bit to let the icing start to harden, or serve immediately.
There you have it with an easy, yummy and perfect way for to celebrate your own child’s First Holy Communion this spring with my Communion Bible Cookies Recipe.
DO YOU ENJOY FIG NEWTON COOKIES?
IS SOMEONE YOU KNOW SOON CELEBRATING THEIR FIRST HOLY COMMUNION?
WILL YOU MAKE COMMUNION BIBLE COOKIES?
NOW, SHARE WITH ME IN THE COMMENTS…