*This Patriotic Cupcakes Recipe contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
We are now in the middle of May here. In the next upcoming weeks, we will celebrating Memorial Day. Then, 4th of July after that. And still Labor Day will find us eventually.
All these patriotic days, beg for the perfect patriotic recipes, such as this patriotic dip appetizer. Plus, what better time to also enjoy patriotic desserts.
But patriotic desserts need to not only be family friendly, but kid friendly here, too.
So, cupcakes always seem to work no matter what holiday. I mean in the past, we have shared our favorites. These include Strawberry Chocolate Cupcakes, Carrot Cake Cupcakes, Unicorn Cupcakes and Pumpkin Spice. This is just to name a few!
Therefore, what better time than now to enjoy Patriotic Cupcakes!
These Patriotic Cupcakes are so very easy to make as many of my cupcake recipes in the past have been, as well.
So what are you waiting for?
Do you want to try this simple, but yummy Patriotic Cupcakes Recipe for your next Patriotic celebration gathering?
Then, read on below to get my step-by-step Patriotic Cupcakes Recipe…
Patriotic Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 box vanilla cake mix + ingredients to make it
- 3 sticks butter, softened
- 7 to 8 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-6 tbsp milk
- Red gel food coloring
- Star sprinkles
- Prepare cake mix according to directions and pour into a lined muffin pan. Allow to cool completely on a rack.
- Using a stand mixer, start mixing your softened butter and powdered sugar on slow speed and gradually increase it to medium. Add milk and mix on high speed. Add more sugar and/or milk to get the desired consistency (you’ll want the buttercream to be able to stand in peaks).
- Separate your icing in two bowls and add red food coloring in one. Mix thoroughly.
- Using a knife, carve out a small hole in the center of your cupcake (but not all the way to the bottom) and fill with some of your uncolored buttercream frosting. Add red sprinkles. Top again with the piece of cupcake you just carved out.
- Using piping bags, pipe on layers of your buttercream frosting, alternating colors. Top with blue sprinkles and enjoy!
There you have it the perfect family and kid friendly patriotic treat to celebrate Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day and pretty much any patriotic day with my easy Patriotic Cupcakes Recipe.
How do you celebrate any of the patriotic holidays?
Now, share with me in the comments…