*This Quick & Easy Rotisserie Chicken Chimichangas Recipe Tutorial contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
So I have made no secret that my family and I happen to love Mexican food any time of the year. I also am honest when I say I love recipes that are easy and cut some corners here and there. I mean nothing is worse than preparing a meal that takes too long.
One of the things I love to buy is Rotisserie Chicken in my local grocery store. See with this already prepared and cooked chicken, I can pretty much make just about any meal I want for my family using this chicken. This includes just a plain old chicken dinner with veggies on the side. Or even cut it up off the chicken to add into meals such tacos, casseroles and more.
Recently, I decided to get a bit creative with rotisserie chicken. Like I said we are all for Mexican food. So I went with a simple, but delicious variation on Chicken Chimichangas using rotisserie chicken.
Rolled them up and fried for a few minutes.
They came out perfectly crispy. You could also bake these in the oven or even grill outdoors during the warmer summer months now.
Honestly this chicken chimichangas recipe is so versatile. Once again pretty quick to make. And even my picky eater loves them. So, this one is a winner for all it would seem.
How about it? Do you want to make Quick & Easy Rotisserie Chicken Chimichangas?
Then scroll down to read my detailed, but very easy chicken chimichangas recipe…Looking for an easy and quick chicken recipe for even the pickiest of eaters in your home? Then check out my simple chimichangas recipe.
Quick & Easy Rotisserie Chicken Chimichangas Recipe
- 1 rotisserie chicken, white meat removed and shredded
- 8 large tortillas
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 cups rice, cooked
- 1.5 cups shredded quesadilla cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 T chili powder
- 2 t cumin
- 1 t salt
- Preheat a frying pan with about 1/2” cooking oil to medium high heat.
- Lay out the tortillas, then add the rice and beans evenly among them.
- Mix the shredded chicken, salsa, and spices, then add evenly to the tortillas.
- Top each tortilla with shredded cheese, then roll up -folding in the edges as you go.
- Add the chimis to the hot oil, cooking 2-3 at a time. Turn after the bottom is browned, about 2-3 minutes.
- Cook until fully browned, then place on paper towels.
- To serve, top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and sour cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 500
There you have it the quickest and easiest chicken chimichangas recipe you will ever need to enjoy chimichangas for dinner and more!
Do you enjoy chimichangas?
How do you make them?
Now share with me in the comments…