This Heirloom Potato Salad Instant Pot Recipe Tutorial contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
Finally the past week or so, it has felt more like summer here. Temperatures have been in the 80s and even 90s. Plus, summer vacation for my girls has also finally arrived. So, of course my family and I have been enjoying grilling and eating outdoors on our patio more and more now.
One of our favorite side dishes when we barbecue and eat outside is potato salad.
However, boiling potatoes on the stove can be truly no fun at all. I mean it is already so very hot. While yes, we have our air conditioning on to keep the temps down indoors. I still am not a fan of using my stove or oven this time of the year if I don’t. Once again this is where my favorite kitchen appliance comes into play.During the summer, do you enjoy summer salad? Then, you are going to want to try my heirloom potato instant pot salad recipe this summer.
Yes, I am happily sharing yet another summer instant pot recipe here for one of my all-time favorites during the summer and warmer months.
My family and I happen to love potatoes all year long. I mean what is not to love about potato recipes. So, of course, potato salad in the summer time is a must here.
So, that is where my instant pot yet again comes into play. This time out I used Heirloom Potatoes, which have that reddish, purple color. I happen to love using Heirloom Potatoes for potato salad. Not only are the on the smaller side. But they just have so much flavor already.
Plus, I use eggs, mayo, mustard and salt and pepper for extra added flavor. And even pickles chopped, too! So much yummy and delicious ingredients that you just can’t go wrong. Plus, perfect summer time side that is easily and quickly made in your instant pot.
Do you want to make Heirloom Potato Salad now?
Then, keep reading for my step-by-step recipe now…
Heirloom Potato Salad Instant Pot Recipe
- 2.5 pounds heirloom baby potatoes, washed and sliced in half
- 3 eggs
- 1-2 pickles
- 1/3 to ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- Add 1 cup water to the Instant Pot inner pot.
- Add potatoes and eggs to a steamer basket or on top of trivet but out of the water, in the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid on the pressure cooker and turn the valve to sealing position.
- Set to a manual high time for 5 minutes. When the cooking time has finished, do a natural pressure release for 5 minutes.
- Remove the eggs and potatoes from the Instant Pot. Put eggs in a bowl with cold water and ice to stop the cooking process and then remove the shells.
- Refrigerate eggs and potatoes until cool.
- Chop up the eggs and pickles. Add to a bowl with the potatoes.
- Mix mayo, mustard, and seasonings in a small bowl and then add them to the potatoes.
- Stir all ingredients together and then refrigerate for a couple hours or serve immediately.
There you have it a very easy way to enjoy a summer time favorite with your own instant pot with my perfect Heirloom Potato Salad Recipe.
Do you enjoy potato salad during the summer time?
What is your favorite way to prepare potato salad?
Now, share with us in the comments…