This Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins Recipe Tutorial contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
I have more than happily shared in years past on my blog how my family loves to go apple picking in the fall. It is on our fall bucket list annually to go apple picking.
That said, I have also made more than a few yummy apple picking inspired recipes each year. I also enjoy trying new apple recipes each year, as well.
Don’t get me wrong while I plan on making some of our favorites from years’ past; I still will be trying a new recipe with our pickings.
One that comes to mind is Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins. I mean my family happens to love muffins for breakfast, snacks and more.
So, makes sense to give apple muffins a try now.Is apple picking on your family fall bucket list? Then, you will need to try this apple muffin recipe when you go now!Click To Tweet
These Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins are easy enough to make. But delicious and so tasty.
Of course, the star of the recipe is the apples. But this one also includes old-fashioned oats. Oats are seriously such a great and healthy ingredient to use, such as here. Maple Syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and bananas are included in this Apple-worthy recipe.
Do you want to make Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins this fall, apple picking season now?
Well, then check out my simple step-by-step recipe below.
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 cups of Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 large Apple, peeled, cored and cubed (about ½ cup of apple cubes)
- ½ teaspoon of ground Cinnamon
- 2 very ripe Banana, should yield 1 cup of mashed banana
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup of Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup of Milk, nondairy milk will work too
- 1 teaspoon of ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ground Nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Liberally grease a muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Toss the cubed apples with ½ teaspoon of cinnamon and keep aside. Mash the bananas into a smooth pulp.
- In a large bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, milk, and maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk it well into a smooth batter.
- Add the oats and baking powder. Gently mix it all together.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes. This would let the oats soak up the liquid.
- Pour about 2 tablespoon of batter into each muffin pan. Top with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon coated apples. Add another 2 tablespoon of muffin batter on top of the apples. Sprinkle another teaspoon of apples on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Gently take out the muffin from the pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- It’s best enjoyed warm, right off the oven. Refrigerate the leftovers.
- Reheat the muffins for 30 to 45 seconds in the microwave for the oven fresh taste.
There you have it. The perfect fall apple-picking recipe that the whole family can indeed enjoy with Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins.
Does your family go apple picking in the fall?
What do you make with the apples you pick?
Now, share with me in the comments.