*This Back to School Ruler Cupcakes Recipe Tutorial contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
So, I know I have been oversharing for back to school here recently. We officially returned to a new school year now.
Therefore, I can’t help but have back to school on the brain. I mean we just enjoyed making Bookworms Bookmarks for a fun and easy craft to commemorate the season. So, we got crafting covered.
But I thought we needed another equally fun back to school dessert treat recipe. Don’t get me wrong, our back to school pretzel mix was a hit.
My kids also enjoy sweet treats. They especially love cookies and cupcakes. I mean who doesn’t?!
Because they do love cupcakes, I couldn’t resist making a new cupcake recipe just in time for back to school.
This recipe uses vanilla iced cupcakes. You could use store bought cupcakes or bake your own. Once the cupcakes are iced though, the fun begins.
Now, we are ready to decorate our cupcakes. We are making ruler cupcakes. Do you get and love it?!
And there you have it! Wasn’t that simple? Look how pretty they look.
Do you want to make Ruler Cupcakes for your kids for this back to school season?
Then, check out our step-by-step recipe below now.What fun treats are your kids enjoying with back to school? Make them a fun back to school themed ruler cupcake now!
Ruler Cupcakes Recipe Tutorial for Back to School
- 1 box of white or yellow cake mix, any brand + box ingredients
- White frosting
- 24 Vanilla sugar wafers
- Chocolate Frosting
- Wilton size 2 round frosting tip
- Disposable piping bag
- White cupcake liners
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line (2) 12 count muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Prepare the cupcake batter according to the package directions.
- Fill the muffin wells 1/2 way with cupcake batter and bake 18-20 minutes.
- Around 18 minutes, insert a toothpick into the cupcakes. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cupcakes are done.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once cool, generously frost each cupcake with white frosting and set aside.
- Attach the small round frosting tip and fill the disposable piping bag with chocolate frosting.
- Gently squeeze the frosting from the piping bag making ruler marks on each vanilla wafer.
- Place the wafer on top of the cupcake and repeat with all cupcakes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300
There you have it an easy and fun dessert recipe for back to school with Ruler Cupcakes!