*This Disney Inspired Aladdin Cupcakes Recipe contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
Here is the thing. I know I recently shared a recipe for Disney Aladdin Cookies. But I am so very excited for Disney’s live-action version of Aladdin that premieres in about two weeks now.
Plus, I also just recently returned from Disney World. So, maybe I have Disney on the brain. But then again, don’t I always? OK, a silly question for the Disney-aholic Mom! But still, you get the picture.
So, therefore, I couldn’t resist another Disney and Aladdin themed recipe. Since I already made Aladdin cookies, I thought why not make some Aladdin Cupcakes.
With some pre-made store-bought cupcakes to start with, I began my Aladdin Cupcakes fun. Plus, I decorated with some blue frosting. The hardest part was making little genie lamps with some yellow chocolate wafers and Genie Lamp Candy Molds.
I mean what Aladdin Cupcakes are complete without the genie lamp for the genie in the Aladdin movie?!
Because the genie truly happens to be my favorite Aladdin character. So, I couldn’t help, but use the character for inspiration here.
So, the genie lamp cupcakes inspired by Disney’s Aladdin are quite perfect in my humble estimation.
Also, so happy to share them here with all on my blog today.
How about it? Do you want to make Aladdin Genie Lamp Cupcakes?
Then, check out my step-by-step recipe tutorial below now.
Aladdin Cupcakes Disney Inspired Recipe
For all Disney and Aladdin fans, the perfect cupcake treat!
- 6 Prepared Purple Cupcakes
- 1 Bag of Yellow Chocolate Melting Discs
- Blue Frosting
- Wilton’s Gold Color Mist Spray
- Genie Lamp Plastic Mold
- To make the purple cupcakes. Just use a regular white cake mix and add 7-8 drops of purple food coloring to the mixture. Then pour into cupcake liners and bake according to package directions.
- Add about half of the yellow chocolate discs to a bowl and microwave according to package directions. Pour into the mold. Make sure to tap the mold on the counter to get all the air bubbles out. Let sit for about an hour to harden. You could also place in the fridge to harden quicker.
- Once those are completely hard, pop out of the mold and set on parchment paper. Repeat step 2 to make the additional 3 genie lamps.
- Once all the lamps are hard, spray each lamp with the wilton’s gold mist spray. Let dry and spray one more time to get a good coat over the lamp. Let Dry.
- Frost Cupcakes with the blue frosting. You can either pipe it on or spread it with a knife. Place one lamp on top of each cupcake and press down. You can put a little extra frosting behind the lamp to give it additional support if needed.
- Serve and Enjoy!!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 274mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 35gProtein: 3g
Are you excited for the new live-action Disney Aladdin movie?
Now share with me in the comments.
Sharing is caring!