Last weekend and this week were truly very busy indeed and will share all about it in my Thankful Things Portion of this article, as well as catch all up on this week’s blog article’s, too!
Now, without further ado, I want to share all about this week and my photos, too, by getting the party started with
Ten Eleven Thankful Things (sorry I still managed to have a few to spare again this week)~
My Things of Thankful for This Week~
1. Friday night started off with a bang with Kevin carving the white pumpkin that he designated for Jack Skelington.
2. While Kevin was carving the above pumpkin, Lily came to sit with me to view some older videos of the girls on Kevin’s iPhone. Totally got to take a trip down memory lane and Lily was mesmerized by her younger self!
3. Saturday afternoon, Aunt Gloria visited and she book a copy of the book, Mother of All Meltdowns, that as most know I contributed to. I got to give my very, first autograph!
4. Saturday evening Kevin helped the girls carve their pumpkins at his parents house by carving Sleeping Beauty for Emma and Rapunzel for Lily. Princess pumpkin galore!
5. Saturday night, we came home to watch the new Cupcake Wars on Food Network with Rob Zombie, but Emma was complaining that she felt sick and need to throw up. Somehow, she made it through the episode, but a half hour after she laid down in bed, she got sick. Thankfully, she only threw up once and slept through the night.
6. Soccer was at 9:30 am in the morning again, but no game for a sick Emma, who now was running low grade fever. Kevin took Lily, while I stayed with Emma for a bit. My mom thankfully watched Emma, so I could see Lily play for a little while, where she got a small teddy bear from her coach for Halloween (they were allowed to dress up, too).
7. Sunday early afternoon found me taking Emma to the pediatrician. I am truly so happy they are open and have Sunday hours. Her doctor is such a nice man and even gave her a hug before we left. Happy to be told that the strep culture came back negative and just a virus apparently.
- 8. Later Sunday, the girls and Kevin painted the last remaining small pumpkins.
9. On Monday, Emma stayed home from school while Lily went. We were able to practice the letter “D” (the letter of the week at school), do her feather to be displayed in school, red her new Halloween Pinkalicious Book and even use our new subscription to K-5 Learning (thanks to the free reviewers’ subscription I was offered-the perks of running a blog!).
10. Halloween, found Lily running a high fever the night before. With Emma having been sick on the weekend, it was only a matter of time, I suppose, but still felt so bad for Lily, because this is all she was taking about for weeks. The school allowed her to march in the little parade, but then she came home to sleep the rest of the afternoon. Emma got to do her parade, show, party at school and then Kevin took her trick-or-treating, while I stayed with Lily. I have only a few pictures from school, I can share sadly, because I did miss out on trick-or-treating. You might ask what I am thankful for with this, but truth be told, I am thankful Emma still had a great day and that Lily is at least somewhat better now.
11. One more for good measure and I am, of course, thankful again that weekend is indeed here and hoping to relax a bit, because now I am feeling a bit under the weather myself, too.
Now if you missed a moment of this week’s blog articles, here is a recap~
On Monday, I proved with my article that the 80s never did indeed look better here.
On Tuesday, finally shared my recipe for oven roasted red potatoes with onion soup mix (that I had promised last weekend to indeed post for all), catch up here.
On Wednesday, I continued on the October Daily challenge posting Happiness and referenced one of my favorite Beatles songs in this article! To find out all about both click here.
On Thursday, so happy to over share some of my reader’s thoughts and sentiments on what is the scariest thing about Motherhood just in time for Halloween, click here for more.MOAM Halloween Scary Moments!
On Friday, Offered up one of my guilty pleasures and an interesting infographic to go along with it. To join us. link up, please click here!
This Week’s Giveaways, Please Enter By Clicking on the Graphics Below (If you are feeling lucky!!):
Weekly Affiliates Offer (Always Check My Sidebar for More, Too!
- Layla Grayce~
Layla Grayce is turning nine! In celebration of their anniversary, Layla Grayce is offering a 15% off sitewide sale through 11/8 with promo code HAPPYDAY. Don’t miss your chance to shop and save big on french & cottage furniture, nursery decor, gifts and more. Happy Shopping!
Save 20% Off Family Holiday Pajamas, Dress-Up & More! Ends 11/8
Blogging Design Needs~Don’t forget to check out my web design company for specials running at J9 Designs for all your web design needs, plus we offer Paypal’s Bill Me Later, too! And also, check out a brand new Ask J9 Designs Article to help with your techy questions and don’t forget to ask your own techy questions, which may be featured in an upcoming blog article, too.
Please Visit my Sponsor of The Month:
One Click Is All It Takes!!