*This mac and cheese blog post has been compensated by Borden® Cheese. All opinions are mine alone. #BordenCheeseLove #CollectiveBias #Ad
So here we are, a few short weeks into 2017.
But not going to lie, 2016 went out with a bang of unhealthy habits, eating included.
Therefore, I am trying to find ways to make more time to meal plan for my family to curb our unhealthier habits now.
But even though it is New Year, I still have to worry about a picky eater here.
See, my youngest at 6 years old is still the pickiest of eaters.
So, I still have to make sure that whatever new food recipes I try out keep this in mind.
Also, I can tell you one meal that my littlest picky eater loves, which is mac & cheese. But not only does she enjoy it and I can see why. Because it is purely comfort food.
So during a recent visit to Uncle Giuseppe’s, I found a few different varieties of Borden® Cheese. You can check the store locator to see where to purchase Borden® Cheese near you. Well, I purchased Borden® Cheese Extra Sharp Cheddar Shreds and Borden® Cheese Mozzarella Shreds.
Plus I couldn’t have been more happy as meals are just made better With Borden® Cheese. See I truly feel for my picky eater, as well as for my whole family Borden® Cheese is the essential ingredient that adds just the right amount of love from me to my family.
Now, without further ado, our Baked Mac & Cheese Bites Recipe…
- 1 cup Borden® Cheese Extra Sharp Cheddar Shreds
- 1 cup Borden® Cheese Mozzarella Shreds
- 1/2 pound Elbow Macaroni
- 2 Tbs. Butter
- 2 Tbs. Flour
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Then, spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Next, make sure to cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- Then in a medium size pan, combine butter and flour over medium heat. You will want to whisk until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth. Once smooth, slowly add milk. Then, bring to a simmer. Add 1½ cups of the cheeses, cream cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, carefully stir pasta, cheese sauce, and egg until evenly mixed and pasta is evenly coated.
- Spoon mac and cheese into mini muffin tins and top each with a small pinch of remaining cheese. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until golden brown. *I use the broiler on high for 2 minutes to brown and make them extra crispy after baking.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before gently removing the bites.
What will you do in the New Year to help create a New You?
Also, do you love Borden® Cheese as much as we do?
Plus, will you try our Baked Mac & Cheese Bites for your family?