*This Be My Valentine Letter Envelope Grahams Recipe contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
Here’s the thing, I confess I haven’t written love letters in what feels like forever. However, I do write quick little notes to my girls sometimes that I guess border on love notes.
But back in my dating days, I wrote my fair share of love letters. See I learned from the best because I was privy to read my grandfather’s love letters to my grandmother during WWII while he was stationed away from her in the army. My grandmother allowed me to read them after my grandfather had passed away. That was twenty years ago as we lost him Valentine’s Day 1999. A day that honestly forever changed me as I have shared on my blog numerous times over the years.
But back to those love letters. To say those letters were beautifully written by someone that loved his fiance would be an understatement. I never doubted my grandparents loved each other. But reading those letters sealed it for me. After having read them, I asked my grandmother if I could have them in the event of her death.
Well, my grandmother left us back in February 2010. Her death was yet another day that found me profoundly altered. After it though, I was granted my wish and was indeed left those love letters. Not that I wouldn’t give anything to have both my grandparents alive and well. But I honestly feel blessed to at least have their notes to carry on their grand love.
But what does this have to do with Valentine’s Day and a Love Letter themed recipe?
Well, I got to thinking. Twenty years is a long time not to share some love letters. But I write pretty much every day whether on my blog or for clients. So, sometimes I don’t have enough energy to write down an actual letter. I mean my blog probably could be considered a massive love letter to both my husband and girls. As I think I have made no secret how much I do love them on the blog over the years.Love letter inspired? Then, show them your love this Valentine's Day with these love letter themed treats!
Still, my girls are all about fun treats and crafts. Something they can indeed see their own two eyes, as well as feel with their fingers, too. So, I couldn’t resist as we are heading to Valentine’s Day to take a bit of creative license with the Love Letters idea. But I turned it into a themed recipe treat for my gang.
The effect is pure love letters delight with Be My Valentine Love Letter Envelope Grahams.
Seriously these are love letter perfect!
Want to make Be My Valentine Love Letter Envelope Grahams for all your love?
Then, keep scrolling to get the recipe tutorial now.
Be My Valentine Love Letter Envelope Grahams Recipe
- 10 graham cracker squares
- Wilton white fondant
- Wilton red edible food marker
- pink or white frosting
- small square cookie cutter
- rolling pin
- powdered sugar
- small candy hearts
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Gently knead the white fondant until pliable. Take a small handful at a time and gently roll out to 1/4" thick using the rolling pin. If the fondant gets sticky, use the powdered sugar on your rolling pin and surface to prevent sticking.
- Once the fondant is rolled to about 1/4" use the square cookie cutter to cut the fondant into small squares.
- Set the fondant squares on the baking sheet for 30-60 minutes to set.
- After the fondant hardens a bit spread a small amount of frosting on the back of the square and place on top of the graham cracker.
- Use the edible food marker to make 4-5 dashes on on all sides of the square and then a small triangle in the middle.
- Use the toothpick to place a small amount of frosting on the back of the candy heart and then affix onto the 'envelope flap'.
- Repeat with all 10 graham crackers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 46mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 19g Protein: 1g
Do you like to write love letters?
Now, share with me all about your love letter writing.