Happy Saturday all and here we are in the middle of December. Christmas is only in a little over 2 weeks from now!
Time is flying once again. It is the third week of December and 11 days (not even two weeks) until it is Christmas!
But since it is indeed Saturday, I am sharing
Ten Twelve Thankful Things of the Week with a sneak peak to a new cookie recipe that I created that I will hopefully share on here soon!
1. The weekend started with Kevin using a vacation day that he did still have left to start a long weekend with us.
2. Getting to finally see Frozen with Kevin and the girls in the afternoon on a Friday (because he was indeed off!). Loved playing hooky, because the movie was so worth it and the company was the absolute best! Seriously, the special effects and music were simply amazing and just perfect and the snowman, Olaf was simply hilarious and adorable, too. Won’t ruin it for anyone who hasn’t seen it, but trust me this one is a must see for all.
3. After the movie, we saw Santa, which was right downstairs in the mall. The girls got to tell the big man what they wanted. Emma told him she wanted him to being her a Flutterby Fairy and Lily said Minnie Mouse. Then, we got a picture taken to keep for a look down memory lane one day one the future.
4. Getting my Christmas cards addressed (thanks to Kevin printing the envelopes while grumbling about it). My cards are indeed addressed, stamped and mailed, too. So success!Our Christmas Card 2013-Photos from Target, Card from Tiny Prints!
5. Dinner out just Kevin and I. Kevin’s mom watched the girls and we finally got a few hours to go out by ourselves. Dinner was hot and delicious. Had Norfolk grilled cheese, which has bacon, tomato and goat cheese grilled on rustic whole wheat bread. Also tried two different cocktails, as well! And dessert was had by all in the form of warm, apple crisp, oh my!
6. No sleeping in for neon Sunday morning, because I just couldn’t, but caught up on blogging for a good portion of the morning quietly by the light of Christmas tree, while all slept peacefully.
7. Lazy Sunday morning breakfast, which I once again made my famous chocolate pancakes for my gang.
8. Baking my first cookie of the Christmas season with Brown Butter Pecan Coconut Cookies (a happy accident). Recipe to follow!
9. Getting approved for the Pandora Towson Affiliate Program, because many who started following me in the beginning know how much I love these charms. I already own and am in love with the Black Friday Bead from the new Pandora Winter 2013 Collection. Stay tuned for my wish list from this beautiful collection coming soon!
10A. As always so thankful for the wonderful blogging friends I have and for this lady in particular, who I have known since my original Hubpages days, as well as, when we both started to blog. A huge shoutout and thank you to Cyndi from Pictimilitude for nominating me and sharing the Sisterhood of Blogging Award with me. Seriously, can’t say enough how much of a smile you put on my face last weekend with this, as well as how truly grateful I am for your continued support and friendship!
10B. Also, so thankful for this equally wonderful lady, Kelly from The Real Housewife, who has also been a very close friend and confident, too since my Hubpages and early blogging days, who later in the week also awarded me the Sisterhood of Blogging Award, as well
Seriously felt the love all around from both of these lovely women and can’t thank you both enough for being there for me through think and thin!
11. Another huge thank you to Lizzi from Considerings who not only hosts this linkup weekly, but created a new award and shared it with other bloggers, including myself. The award is known as “The Hardwired Heart Award”. The rules for this one are simple:
- Nominate as many people as you like – but you have to say WHY they mean so much to you. Declare it proudly and shout it from the rooftops. (Look below).
- If you receive one, try to pass it on to at least one other person (I don’t normally pass awards anymore, but just had to with this one). The person, I must pass this onto is: Tamara from Tamara Like Camera, who is not only a friend, but a true inspiration with her amazing writing and beautiful photography. Seriously she has gotten into my heart in more ways then way. Thank you so much my friend!!
12. Having Kevin home again this past Friday for another long weekend, as he had a few more vacation days to play with at the end of the year.
Now if you missed a moment of this week’s blog articles, here is a recap~
On Sunday, I cleverly shared how you can take inspiring holiday photos, here.
On Monday, I took a step back in time and shared about my 9/11 experience and how I had made the difficult choice to go back to school to become a teacher, here. I also proudly shared Tiny Prints first deal of the week . To see what it was, click here.
On Tuesday, overzealously shared the week’s PINcentive Blog Hop, which has the best of the best as far as posts this side of Pinterest. For more, click here. I also happily announced who my Secret Santa was for this year and all she got me here. Gave some gift options for mothers and daughter with the wonderful company Joules help, here. Was able to offer the next week daily discount from Tiny Prints (that I also took advantage of) here.
On Wednesday, I co-hosted the Twitter Hop and to link up, click here. Also, loved being able to bring you all all some wonderful gifting ideas like personalized puzzles from Reagan’s Toy Chest, for more on this click here. Tis the Season and brought you the second of three holiday deals here today from Blurb Books, who had more to offer for your kiddies, here. The third offer from Tiny Prints for the week was unveiled, here.
On Thursday, I was able to get back to reading with these two books in this tear jerker book series for click here for more. Also, got to offer 35% off all gifts at Tiny Prints this one night only, click here.
On Friday, back with another FTSF with the sentence to finish being, “This holiday season I will… ” OR “My favorite Christmas tradition is…”, to link up please click here! Also, tonight only was 25% off and free shipping no minimum on holiday cards at Tiny Prints, here.
Weekly Holiday Shopping Affiliate Offers (Always Check My Sidebar for More, Too!)
Give a gift card for all amazing removable wallpaper needs for all your loved ones photo creations now. Click the banner below and use the promo code: holidays to get 20% off now!
Two Days Only! All Girls & Boys Graphic Tees Just $12. (12/14 – 12/15)
Blogging Design Needs~
Please Visit my Sponsor of The Month:
One Click Is All It Takes!!