Finally it is May (Monday is Cinco De Mayo!) and even still the weather is not as warm as I would like it to be quite honest (sorry for the complaint, but can’t help, but love it to be warm, sunny and very little wind after recent wind storms we have had).
In particular, last Sunday, it wasn’t even 60 degrees, wind ripping and standing watching the girls play was a bit of torture for me, as I was indeed pretty much freezing. Hoping the warm air will find us sooner now rather then later.
But still have so much to be thankful for and sharing all my regular Saturday thankful things for this first weekend in the month of May now.
1. Kevin’s co-worker finding Disney Elsa Barbie Dolls at Disney World for the girls that Lily decided to use water colors (black paint) to color her doll’s hair, as well as Emma sticking a sticky Wicky Stick as a ponytail holder on the end of the doll’s hair. No pictures, because I fixed the doll up immediately, but still thank god for soap and water is all I have to say not his!
2. Getting the actual paperwork for Emma’s kindergarten orientation. Definitely some mixed feelings about this, but am thankful that she is growing and thriving, too.
3. Saturday afternoon found me finally going through the girls toys to clean and get rid of toys they no longer need or play with. Felt good to have three big bags of toys to donate.
4. Being able to barbecue sliders for the first time this spring season.
5. Also, being able to take the girls for frozen yogurt for the first time this year with some warmer weather finally making an appearance.
6. Submitting my writing to three different book anthologies and hoping to be selected now for at the very least one of them. Fingers, toes and pretty much everything crossed on this.
7. Sunday afternoon lunch date at Panera, while the girls had a play date, Kevin and I got to have lunch all on our own at Panera.
8. Macy’s friends and family sale – buying a Mother’s Day gift from Kevin for me and also buying Kevin an early birthday gift from me to him.
9. Beginning to read Eating Wildly: Foraging for Life, Love and the Perfect Meal by fellow writer, Ava Chin. So far enjoying it and will be sharing a review in weeks to come here.
10. Last, but not least for receiving the April Julep Maven Box at the end of this past week. This month, I opted to go with The Fresh Twist Polish Lover Upgrade and got 9 full size polishes to try. I am not kidding when I say I am so excited to do my nails I could just squeal. Stay tuned for all the different manicures coming your way soon!
I absolutely love subscribing to Julep Maven and seriously am so happy to share more here with you today once again. Yes I am also an affiliate marketer for them, so the rest is an ad so to speak, but seriously you won’t be sorry to get FREE NAIL POLISH!! (Read on!!).
Did you know that Julep’s very popular monthly beauty box just got even better?
Yes! Maven subscriptions can be customized to fit your style, your likes and your favorites even more now. Each month, Julep Mavens get:
- A fully customized monthly delivery of over $40 in nail polish and beauty products for $24.99 a month, or just $19.99 a month if you sign up for the 3 month option
- Flexibility to try one of five beauty styles each month or upgrade to get them all
- 20% off and free shipping on other products at Julep.com
- Exclusive access to the Secret Store each month
- First dibs on monthly Mystery Boxes and the opportunity to win one, too
Not sure you want to be a Maven yet or know what style you are? Take the Maven Style Quiz and then use the code FREEBOX to get your first box free. (I am not kidding your first box is free!).
You will be charged $2.99 for shipping and you are signing up for the monthly subscription service, however you can cancel at any time by simply contacting Julep Customer Service.
Julep also makes a great gift. The Gift of Maven is perfect for birthdays (mine is next month!), Mother’s Day (is seriously right around the corner now), Graduation, your best friend’s birthday or any occasion. The Gift of Maven is available in 2, 4 or 6 month increments and does not auto-renew.
Become a Maven today! Click the banner below:
Please Check Out My Lovely Sponsor of the Month…
Want to Survive the Winter?
Subscribe to get our FREE Winter Survival Planner now.