*This Cotton Candy Ice Cream contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
I know I have shared in the past how my girls love cotton candy. See we have made cotton candy shakes, as well as cotton candy cupcakes. Plus, my girls also have a soft spot for ice cream, too – The sweeter, the better when it comes to ice cream for them, such as bubble gum ice cream.
Disney World, Cotton Candy, and Ice Cream, too!
Even during our recent Disney World Trip Cotton Candy played a role when we watched it freshly made in the China Pavillon gift shop in the World Showcase at Epcot.
Plus, ice cream also was a hit during that same trip. But then again, isn’t ice cream always?!
Re-entry Needed a Sweet Treat
So, makes sense that upon our re-entry to reality, my girls would be begging for a sweet ice cream treat. I mean when we landed in New York, it was a balmy 101 degrees (our pilot’s exact phrase). It was hotter here that day than in sunny, Florida. Believe it or not. Therefore, cold snacks were just what the doctor ordered! What’s a mom to do?
You guessed it; I decided to make a new ice cream flavor for us Cotton Candy style. I don’t have an ice cream maker, nor do I like to churn ice cream if I don’t have to. But easy at-home ice cream recipes are totally in my wheel-house.
With a few simple supplies, including condensed milk and whipping cream, plus food coloring, Cotton Candy, Cotton Candy Flavoring and sprinkles, I set out to indeed make this excellent ice cream snack for us.
The prep was easy enough and took only minutes. The hardest part was the wait-time for it to freeze overnight. I mean the waiting is always the hardest part! Then, it was time to enjoy our magical ice cream concoction.
Trust me; this one didn’t disappoint in the least. Seriously, it was a huge hit. So, much so that I have made it two more times here for us already!
So how about it? Do you want to make it for your family?
Then, go ahead and scroll down for my step-by-step recipe tutorial now. Believe me; you are not going to want to pass this one up!
Cotton Candy Ice Cream
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 16 oz Heavy Whipping Cream
- Blue & Pink Food Coloring
- Cotton Candy Flavoring
- Dazzle Ice Cream Sprinkles
- Cotton Candy
- Place the heavy whipping cream into a medium-size bowl and beat for 3-5 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and beat for another 2-3 minutes. Add 1-2 teaspoons of cotton candy flavoring and mix.
- Divide mixture into 3 bowls. Leave 1 bowl white and add 2-3 drops of food coloring to the other 2 bowls and mix well.
- Add dollops of each color to the bottom of the pan and spread with a knife. Add sprinkles across the top and repeat steps.
- Stick in the freezer for 4-5 hours or overnight. Take out and enjoy!
- Optional: Add a little bit of cotton candy as a topping!
Do you like Cotton Candy?
Will you make this Cotton Candy Ice Cream?
Now, share with me in the comments.