*This Cracked Easter Egg Cupcakes Recipe Tutorial contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
Here is the thing, my girls love cupcakes no matter what day of the week it is. Honestly, it doesn’t even have to be a holiday for them to get uber excited about cupcakes. But holidays, nonetheless are still totally cupcake worthy to them, as well.
For Easter, I usually make my special Peeps Bunnies Cake for my family. But this year, I also decided to add some Easter-themed cupcakes to the holiday dessert menu.
See Easter is all about the eggs. Real eggs crack open pretty easily. While my picky eater most certainly wouldn’t eat an egg if her life depended on it, she wouldn’t pass up an egg made of chocolate candy on top of a cupcake. Add some green colored frosting and jelly beans, and well you have a cupcake winner for both her and her older sister.
So, that is precisely what I did. I made Cracked Open Easter Egg Cupcakes. Yes, I used plain vanilla cupcakes pre-baked as the base. Then, colored white frosting green and frosted the cupcakes with it.
I also made adorable white chocolate colored eggs with pastel chocolate trim using this mold. The chocolate eggs were then cracked and placed atop the yummy cupcakes with jelly beans coming out of them.
How easy does that sound? Seriously, these take no time to assemble. Once they are put together, they are a sure-fire Easter hit for all.
Don’t believe me? Make Cracked Easter Egg Cupcakes for your gang.
Scroll down to get the printable Easter Egg Cupcakes recipe.
Cracked Easter Egg Cupcake Recipe
- 6 Prepared Cupcakes
- 1 Cup Wilton’s White Chocolate Melting Discs
- ½ Cup Each of Wilton’s Pink, Purple, Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange Chocolate Melting Discs.
- White Frosting
- Jelly Beans
- Green Sugar
- Green Food Coloring
- Silicone Easter Egg Mold
- Melt each color of chocolate (except the white) in small bowls according to package directions. Place each color of chocolate in a snack size baggie and snip the corner off just a tiny bit. Pipe any colors you would like on the dots and zig-zag parts of the mold. Let dry completely.
- In a medium bowl, melt the white chocolate melting discs according package directions. Pour about 2-3 tablespoons of chocolate into the mold and spread with a spoon to cover the egg. You do not want a solid egg, so make sure to spread it somewhat thin but not too thin. Let dry completely then carefully pop out of mold.
- Color the frosting with 3-4 drops of the green food coloring. Frost each cupcake with a knife or piping bag. Sprinkle the frosting with green sugar.
- Take one egg and carefully cut it in half. The easy way is to lay it decorative side down and place the sharp end of knife directly in the middle of egg and push down. The egg should just break in half on its own. Leave some whole if you choose.
- Place the two halves on top of the cupcake and fill the middle with jelly beans. If you left a few whole, then stand those on top of each cupcake.
- Enjoy your cute little cracked Easter Eggs with candy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 513 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 54mg Sodium: 313mg Carbohydrates: 67g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 56g Protein: 6g
Do you have a go-to Easter cupcake recipe?
Now, share with us in the comments.