Almost a year ago, we actually updated and decorated our little girls’ bedroom to be fit for two little princesses and you can read all about our adventures here.
But today, it is Thanksgiving Eve 2013 and I actually taking Lily for her 3 year old checkup today, but before that she will probably go with me to run a few errands, as she doesn’t have school on Wednesdays. Emma though has one last day at school. Thanksgiving was indeed on the later side this year and we already celebrated Lily’s birthday last weekend, so I can truly focus on errands today and not having to also plan a birthday party still.
So, thought while I was gearing up for Thanksgiving, as well as, taking Lily to her checkup, that I would share with you some decorating advice to indeed help if you are thinking of updating your own little girl’s bedroom soon.
Please read on now to find out.
Decorating your child’s bedroom can be tricky, but do bear in mind that your child will grow and change very quickly in terms of bedroom décor.
- Plan on creating a trendy and durable bedroom more than once, at key points during your daughter’s childhood, as she will grow out of each décor stage surprisingly quickly! Bunk beds are an excellent idea, even if your daughter is not sharing her bedroom as the extra bed can be used for storage or when her friends come for sleepovers.
- Very young girls are almost always happy with pink and sparkles as a décor theme and you can retain a good deal of control over her room at this stage – very small girls are biddable and simply delighted to be having a new, pretty room. Around the age of 7 to 9, however, you will find that your small princess suddenly develops an aversion to pink prettiness and opts instead for tomboyish primary colours or deep intense shades like royal purple, silver and black.
- To avoid enormous expense when redoing your daughter’s room, try to keep the furniture, bed (or bunk beds) and walls as neutral as possible. If the impact of the theme, be it Disney princess, mermaid or fairy, is all in the cheap and easily changed accessories it will be so much easier to transform the décor at a later stage.
- Lamp shades, curtains, pieces of art and the bedding can all give a bedroom a unique and distinctive look. Plain white or cream walls, a sturdy bed that your child can grow into and solid, well-made furniture in white, cream, black or natural wood colours will go with absolutely any kind of décor theme, and can, with care, last your daughter throughout her entire childhood. This means that you can invest more money in buying solid, reliable furniture that will stand the test of time, rather than buying cheaper furniture that will only last a couple of years.
- Buy accessories slowly, over a period of time, taking advantage of special offers, discounts and bargains. If you wait until the moment of the redecoration you may not find the exact bedding or accessories that you need and, if you do, you may end up paying more than planned for those last few finishing touches.
- Discuss the décor with your daughter and let her help in the buying and decorating process. This will teach her how to plan her décor, how to achieve a compromise between perfect ideals and achievable goals, and also give her a good understanding of how much her new bedroom will cost. Being part of the process will give her a much greater appreciation, not only of her bedroom, but of you, her loving parent too!
This Week’s Giveaways, Please Enter By Clicking on the Graphics Below (If you are feeling lucky!!):
Weekly Affiliate Offer (Always Check My Sidebar for More, Too!)
For the holidays, WeMontage is thrilled to be able to offer affiliates a 20% gift code (code HOLIDAYS) all my readers and this also includes the same discount on e-GIFT card, too, which is always perfect for that last minute gift.
And is case you hadn’t checked them out since the last time I shared about them here, They are offering a 3′ x 2′ size, which is great for smaller spaces and perfect for kids rooms as well! Kids love to redecorate and since WeMontage photo wallpaper is removable, they can change their masterpiece if they’d like.
Dates to remember for WeMontage:
• December 10th is the last date to complete a WeMontage online and order to receive in time for holiday delivery.
Blogging Design Needs~Don’t forget to check out my web design company for specials running at J9 Designs for all your web design needs, plus we offer Paypal’s Bill Me Later, too! And also, check out a brand new Ask J9 Designs Article to help with your techy questions and don’t forget to ask your own techy questions, which may be featured in an upcoming blog article, too.
Please Visit my Sponsor of The Month:
One Click Is All It Takes!!
Want to Survive the Winter?
Subscribe to get our FREE Winter Survival Planner now.