*This Disney’s Beauty and the Beast Inspired Cupcakes Recipe contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
My girls from the time they were very little adored the Disney princesses. First, it was Cinderella.
Then, the movie Frozen was released. Elsa, of course, took a front seat literally. I mean not only were they obsessed with Cinderella.
But, then the live action movie for Beauty and The Beast was released. My older daughter, immediately felt a kinship with Belle, especially since the lead actress’ first name is also the same as her own. My younger daughter also found herself awe inspired by Belle. But then again she had an on again and off again love of Belle over the years for some reason.
Right now, I began to plan our upcoming Walt Disney World summer vacation. We are once again celebrating my older girl’s birthday there. See in July, she turns 10—DOUBLE DIGITS! I asked if she still wanted to do the Bippity Boppity Boutique. I wasn’t sure if at ten she was over it.
She told me that she still very much intends on doing the most magical princess makeover. I, then, had to ask whether she wanted to dine at Cinderella’s Royal Table or Be Our Guest for her birthday dinner. She told me hands down that Be Our Guest was the winner.
Just like that July’s dining and birthday dinner was booked. But I couldn’t resist getting further in the mood. See July is about five months out now. So, I could use a bit of magic here to hold me over. I mean I thought we all could.
So, what better time than now to make Beauty and the Beast cupcakes inspired by the girl’s most favorite princess.
After that, I cover the icing with rolled out yellow fondant, which is the color of Belle’s ball gown. I finish up our Beauty and the Beast cupcakes by decorating with a pretty rosebud.
See the rosebud is reminiscent of the Enchanted Rose from Beauty and the Beast.
I mean it these cupcakes are seriously not only so very easy to make, but they are a massive hit for the Beauty and the Beast fan, too!
So how about it? Do you want to make Beauty and the Beast Cupcakes?
Then, scroll on to get the recipe tutorial for Disney’s Beauty and the Beast Cupcakes.
Disney’s Beauty and the Beast Cupcakes Recipe
- 12 of your favorite vanilla cupcakes
- ½ stick butter, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 7-9 oz. yellow fondant
- 1-2 oz. Kelly green fondant
- 1-2 tsp red gel food coloring
- Ensure your cupcakes are cool to the touch before decorating.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together butter, icing sugar and milk.
- Once the ingredients are well combined and form semi-stiff peaks, use an offset spatula to apply a thin layer of buttercream on each cupcake.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out your yellow fondant so that it’s about ¼ of an inch thick.
- With a round cookie cutter (about 2 inches in diameter), cut out 12 yellow fondant circles. Place on top of each cupcake.
- Roll out 12 spheres from your green fondant – about ¼ of an inch in size.
- Roll each sphere so to be thin strips – they will act as your rose’s stem.
- Press one fondant stem onto the center of each cupcake.
- Pinch out 24 small spheres from your green fondant and shape them into small triangles. These will act as your rose’s leaves.
- Place two leaves onto each cupcake.
- Tint your remaining buttercream with red gel food coloring and place in a piping bag with Wilton frosting tip #74.
- Frost each cupcake with a small dollop of red buttercream. Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 667 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 65mg Carbohydrates: 156g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 148g Protein: 0g
Do you love Disney’s Beauty and the Beast?
Now, share with us in the comments.