*This DIY Wine Cork Snowman Ornament Craft for the holidays contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
Do you want to make a wine cork snowman ornament?
OK, so confessions time today.
I happen to love snowmen during this time of the year, especially for decorating.
I know you probably thought that I would confess first to loving wine judging from the title.
But believe it or not, decorating and snowmen actually trump wine for this mom.
Don’t get me wrong I do like a glass of wine now and again.
But it has to be sweet wine, such as moscato or sangria. I know not much a connoisseur of wine. I guess even with wine my sweet tooth wins out!
But back to the subject at hand decorating. I also like to decorate as mentioned. But I don’t like to spend a lot if possible. So, repurposing and recycling is always a plus.
Therefore, this craft has it all. I mean snowmen, inexpensive with repurposing and getting to enjoy some wine, too in the process.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Want to make a DIY Christmas Tree Ornament? Use a wine cork to make a snowman ornament now.” quote=”Want to make a DIY Christmas Tree Ornament? Use a wine cork to make a snowman ornament now.” theme=”style1″]
So let’s make a DIY Wine Cork Snowman Ornament.
Check out my fun and easy tutorial below to make your own DIY Wine Cork Snowman Ornament…
DIY Wine Cork Snowman Ornament
Materials for Wine Cork Snowman Ornament:
- White paint
- Orange paint
- Sharpie black marker
- Wooden toothpicks or skewers
- Small craft pom poms
- Sparkly pipe cleaners
- Hot glue gun
Instructions for Wine Cork Snowman Ornament:
- Begin by painting your wine corks with white paint. We used chalk paint because it dries quickly, but you can use any type of paint you wish.
- Once the wine cork has dried completely, make two small eyes on the front of it with a Sharpie marker.
- Cut the pointy end of a toothpick or wood skewer off with a pair of scissors. Leave it long enough to be the nose for your wine cork snowman, but not too long.
- Use hot glue to attach the nose to the front of the wine cork under the eyes you drew on in step 2.
- Use a small thin paintbrush to paint the wooden nose orange.
- Make a coal mouth for your snowman by placing small circles with a Sharpie marker under the nose on the front of the wine cork.
- Cut a small piece of ribbon and wrap it around the wine cork just under the mouth you have drawn on. Secure the ribbon in place with hot glue, and cut the ends off to make the ribbon into a short scarf for your snowman.
- Draw three small black circle buttons onto the front of your snowman under the scarf with a Sharpie marker.
- Glue two small craft pom poms to either side of your wine cork snowman’s head, these will be his earmuffs.
- Cut a small piece of sparkly pipe cleaner to serve as the band for the earmuffs. Glue one end of the pipe cleaner to the pom poms on either side of the snowman’s head.
- Glue a small loop of twine to the back of your snowman ornament to serve as a hanger for the snowman.