*This Easy Heart Pieces Kids Craft Card contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
Every time I turn around, my kids are constantly creating. My two are very often doodling, drawing and even cutting paper here to make all sorts of creations.
No joking when I say that paper scraps are pretty much the norm here after hours of them hard at work coming up with their next master piece.
You name it they have made it. From paper cards, notes to even paper doll clothes, my girls use their creative abilities on a daily basis here. They also make all sorts of personalized cards, note and pictures.
So with Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I thought what better time than now to enjoy a fun, easy, but colorful Valentine heart pieces kids craft card creation. See my two had some fun making this one.
Plus, this heart pieces kids craft is simply so easy and relatively inexpensive to make. If you have young kids in the house, you probably even have all the supplies on hand.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Need a fun, easy, inexpensive, kid friendly Valentine card crafts? Then check this one out now.” quote=”Need a fun, easy, inexpensive, kid friendly Valentine card crafts? Then check this one out now.” theme=”style1″]
Do you want to make this Easy Heart Pieces Kids Craft Card with your kids?
Then read my tutorial now to do so…
Easy Heart Pieces Kids Craft Card
List of Supplies for Easy Heart Pieces Kids Craft Card:
- Colored Craft Paper – 4-5 different colors including white
- Scissors (use scissors under adult supervision)
- Craft Glue
- Black Maker Pen
Instructions for Easy Heart Pieces Kids Craft Card:
- Take a rectangular white paper sheet and fold it into half along its long side. This will be the card. Now draw a simple heart pattern on the front side of the card. Use a pencil to trace the heart shape and then darken the heart using a black marker pen.
- Take 3-4 different colored craft papers and cut them into small square pieces. The square pieces do not need to be perfect, just cut them randomly but make sure that the size of all pieces are relatively close.
- Time to fill the heart pattern from step 1 with the colored square pieces. Simply use craft glue to stick the square pieces on the card, inside the heart pattern. Start gluing the squares from the sides of the heart.
- After tracing the sides of the heart with the square papers fill the inside of the heart.
- Now that the heart is filled with squares you can now add a few more squares to pop up the pattern with nice color combination.
- Done filling the heart? Now use a black marker pen to write the quote ‘I ‘ on the top left side of the heart and ‘you to pieces’ on the bottom right side of the heart’.
Have a Crafty Valentine’s day!
*Linking up with Kristi and Kenya for Finish the Sentence Friday with a photo share of my girls who happily love being budding artists.
What easy kids crafts do you and your kids enjoy?
Now, tell me in the comments…
Be Prepared for Emergencies
Subscribe to get our FREE Emergencies Preparation List printable for Helping Little Kids Cope now.