Back at Saturday again folks. Seems like I blinked on Monday and somehow here we are! Great week behind us, but now it is time for another weekend.
A few of my blogging friends started up a new blog hop, called Ten Things of Thankful. Since I loved the concept and also cherish their friendships, I am again adding my ten thankful things from the week here to the linkup.
1. My Husband, who cooked me a beautiful birthday dinner. It was so yummy and he even barbecued in the rain for us to have marinated flank steak.
2. My Beautiful Little Girls’ dance recital is behind us and dance will be over until the fall.
3. My Mom and Dad for watching Emma, while I took Lily to the doctor, so I didn’t have to drag Emma to a boring doctor’s appointment to sit for over an hour with nothing much to do.
4. My Younger Brother for buying a Carvel Ice Cream Cake to celebrate my birthday.
5. My Writing, which kept me sane during this crazy week!
6. Antibiotics–For helping Lily get better from her double ear infections quickly. Thank god!
7. Emma, who made it through her first year of pre-school and got a wonderful report card and awards, too!!
8. The Sun, which is actually shining after three days of torrential rains this week.
9. Sex and the City Reruns, which I watched trying to relax last night after this long week.
10. My Blogging/Writing Friends–Thank you for all your wonderful birthday wishes this past week. You made me feel oh so loved.
As I said it was a crazy week from start to finish. And yes I know I have been saying this a lot and maybe it is just being a mom to two little kids, but seriously this was definitely another wacky week around these parts.
Sunday was, of course, the girls dance recital and just such a long day with their recital not being until 6 pm, as most already do know.
As much as, we had been told the show would be about 2 hours, it was almost 3 hours (told from my niece who had to stay–she is a bit older and on the competition team).
So happy we left at the intermission and went for a bite to eat at Friendly’s. But still just a long day.Celebrating at Friendly’s!!
Then, Monday brought my birthday and more importantly Emma’s summer birthday celebration at school.
So, I ran around day doing errands and such in the pouring torrential ran. I swear they cannot say we have drought, because it had rained so much I am truly feeling like I live in the wetlands!!
And Monday night, Kevin (who took a half day from work) cooked me a special birthday dinner of marinated flank steak (for the recipe for this marinade, click here), rosemary potatoes and green bean almondine. Yes, the boy can cook.
Then, my parents and Kevin’s parents joined us for Carvel cake. So, another late night.June 10, 2013–36 Years Old & A Shared Experience!!
I was awoken Tuesday at 6 am by Lily to be told her left ear hurt her. A doctor’s trip confirmed that she had a double ear infection. So, now off to Walgreen’s for medicine and let’s not forget Emma had pre-school and had to be dropped off and picked up, too.
Thank god for my mom watching Emma while I took Lily to the doctor and filled the prescription. And also, my mother-in-law for picking up Emma from pre-school while I took care of a sick Lily.
By the time, bedtime rolled around that night, I really couldn’t wait to put my head on the pillow.
I am not kidding between illness and rain, we have had more then are fair share around here. Wonder if it is too much to ask for a week’s reprieve on both!!
Finally on Thursday finished up with her first year of pre-school, on you guessed it another rainy day!!Emma Did It & Now Onto Summer Vacation!!
But alas this is also the last week for dance until the fall and to be honest, I am so ready for a break. Plus in the fall the girls will be able to take the same class at 10 am on Saturdays. So only one hour and no more 9 am dance classes next year. I am truly thanking god for small favors on this, because I have done the 9 am class for two years, first with Emma and then this year with Lily. And this year was definitely worse, because I had both girls in dance for over 2 hours from 9 am and really just a long morning!!
And Sunday is Father’s Day, as well as my niece’s 2 year old birthday. So, sure we will be busy for that day, too. And will post up some pictures from all in the following week. Happy Father’s Day to my wonderful husband, father and father-in-law, as well as all the amazing dads out there!!
Now onto this week’s recap for those who are catching up or missed a moment of it and some exciting offers, as well!!
On Monday, it was my 36th birthday and we were also recovering from the girl’s Sunday night dance recital, for more on this click here.
On Tuesday, I shared my flashback Wednesday feature early with a walk down memory lane from my birthday’s past. Click here to find out all about this.
On Wednesday, I co-hosted and a truly awesome giveaway of $300 Paypal Cash for all alongside of Lanaya from Raising Reagan to celebrate her One Year Blogiversary. To see this, go here or see the rafflecopter below if you haven’t entered (I mean $300, what are you waiting for!!).
On Thursday, in honor of Father’s Day, I waxed a bit philosophical about my own dad and for more on this click here.
On Friday, yet another Finish the Sentence Friday linkup went live with the sentence to finish being, “The hardest part about my day is…”. To linkup if you haven’t or just to find out what the hardest part of my day is, as well as what other’s are, click here.
And now that another weekend is indeed upon us, I hope you too have a wonderful, fun weekend.
Also for the upcoming week, with more Flashback Wednesday action and keep in mind that Finish the Sentence Friday will be happening again for next week’s sentence click here and as always going live this Thursday night at 10 pm EST!!
And don’t forget the amazing deal from Stella & Dot, if you haven’t taken a look already, click here.
For more fabulous Affiliate offers look below:
- iTunes/Books: Great Free Apps.
- LeapFrog: Get Free Shipping on All NEW Monsters University products. Use promo code MONSTERS. Valid through June 30th!.
- Build A Bear: Monsters University Online Exclusive at buildabear.com!
- Hanna Anderson: Save Up to 60% Off Kids & Baby Clothes at The Big Hanna Sale! Ends 7/7
- Tiny Prints: Photo Gifts for Dads and Grads
- Mabels Labels: Fundraiser Sign-Up Form (for all your fundraising needs)
- Layla Grace: Layla Grayce offers 15% off Wedding Gifts!
- Rock Your Hair: Use Promo Code Rock30 for 30% OFF your order!!!
Now Don’t Forget–It’s a $300 CASH blogiversary giveaway!Giveaway open worldwide | Winner MUST HAVE a PayPal account | Entries WILL BE verified Winner will have48 hours to respond to winning email or new winner will be chosen
Last, but certainly not least, please don’t forget to check out my web design company for specials running at J9 Designs for all your web design needs, as well as my blogging advice, too.
Please Visit my Sponsor of The Month:
One Click Is All It Takes!!