Back at Saturday again folks (this Saturday it is finally summer vacation). Seems like I blinked on Monday and somehow here we are! Another great week behind us, but now it is time for another weekend.
A few of my blogging friends started up a blog hop recently, called Ten Things of Thankful and I am again adding my ten thankful things from the week here to the linkup.
- Summer vacation finally being upon us and having pre-school and dance over and done with for the summer.
- Having had a wonderful and quiet Father’s Day with my Kevin and the girls.
- A week without any kids sick.
- Getting caught up on blogging during my kids’ nap.
- My design company, J9 Designs, taking off a bit and getting more jobs the past few weeks.
- Getting to veg out Tuesday night and watch all of Trueblood and the classic movie Animal House, too.
- My chiropractor for working on my upper back/neck that was bothering me after having Lily sleep in out bed the other night.
- My MacBook having iMovie, so I could try my hand at my first ever Vlog (look for details below) complete with some video editing, too (stay tuned).
- Being able to take walks with Kevin and the girls in the evening after dinner that the weather is indeed warmer and less rainy lately.
- No real plans on this sunny, warm Saturday. The day is pretty much pus for the asking. Did I mention no more early Saturday dance!!!
Sunday was, of course, Father’s Day. Kevin, I and the girls actually slept in. First time in so long that I slept past 8 am. Really don’t remember the last time, but it felt so good. Kevin has repeatedly asked that I don’t buy him anything, because (the gamer that he is) he wants the new Playstation 4, when it comes out next year.Father’s Day Epic Mickey 2 Video Game Playing!!
However, I couldn’t not do anything for the man that truly is there for us all year long. So, I made the girls and him chocolate chip pancakes, while they played Epic Mickey 2 on PS3. I also got him cards, his favorite pastry (the Napoleon) and a grilling Wok that we had been interested to try on our barbecue. The rest of the day was quite relaxing with visiting with my family first and then heading over to Kevin’s for a joint 2 year old party for our niece and Father’s Day celebration. All-in-all, I think we had a great day.
All-in-all, a productive week was then had with me being able as I stated in my 10 Thankful Things to actually get caught up on blogging, getting some wonderful design work done and even getting some downtime, too in the evenings.
Now since it is Saturday onto this week’s recap for those who are catching up or missed a moment of it and some exciting offers, as well!!
On Monday, I asked for a bit of input and help from my friends in the blogging community on what makes for good blog commenting, for more on this click here.
On Tuesday, I shared my flashback Wednesday feature early again with a walk down memory lane from some amazing Father’s Day pictures of Kevin and the girls. Click here to find out all about this.
On Wednesday, I shared my twice monthly contributing post for the Mommy Blog Hoppers with some Old School Blogging and Alphabet Soup. To see this, go here.
On Thursday, I offered a wonderful affiliate offer from Zinc Door click here.
On Friday, yet another Finish the Sentence Friday linkup went live with the sentence to finish being, “If I could have dinner with anyone in history it would be with…”. To linkup if you haven’t or just to find out who I would have dinner with, as well as who other’s would have dinner with, click here.
And now that another weekend is indeed upon us, I hope you too have a wonderful, fun weekend.
Also for the upcoming week, with more Flashback Wednesday action and keep in mind that Finish the Sentence Friday will be happening again for next week’s sentence click here and as always going live this Thursday night at 10 pm EST!!
And don’t forget the amazing deal from Stella & Dot, if you haven’t taken a look already, click here.
For more fabulous Affiliate offers look below:
- iTunes/Books: Great Free Apps.
- LeapFrog: Get Free Shipping on All NEW Monsters University products. Use promo code MONSTERS. Valid through June 30th!.
- Build A Bear: Monsters University Online Exclusive at buildabear.com!
- Hanna Anderson: Save Up to 60% Off Kids & Baby Clothes at The Big Hanna Sale! Ends 7/7
- Blurb: Create your very own custom photo book with Blurb. Whether you’re making a personalized wedding album, baby book, travel photo book or anything else you wish, Blurb has the tools to make it happen.
- Tiny Prints: Photo Gifts for Dads and Grads
- Mabels Labels: Fundraiser Sign-Up Form (for all your fundraising needs)
- Layla Grace: Layla Grayce offers 15% off Wedding Gifts!
- Rock Your Hair: Use Promo Code Rock30 for 30% OFF your order!!!
Now Don’t Forget–It’s a $300 CASH blogiversary giveaway!Giveaway open worldwide | Winner MUST HAVE a PayPal account | Entries WILL BE verified Winner will have48 hours to respond to winning email or new winner will be chosen
Last, but certainly not least, please don’t forget to check out my web design company for specials running at J9 Designs for all your web design needs, as well as my blogging advice, too.
Please Visit my Sponsor of The Month:
One Click Is All It Takes!!
Be Prepared for Emergencies
Subscribe to get our FREE Emergencies Preparation List printable for Helping Little Kids Cope now.