*I received a free Dauphines of New York headband to try out, but all opinions here are expressly my own.*
Let’s face it we all have good and bad hair days.
The bad, we hope just aren’t for the more important times in our lives.
I am told by the way (by many) that I should be thankful that I have thick hair (supposedly someday I won’t be the little old lady with the bald spot, because of this).
But I can face it that my hair definitely can be less then manageable at times.
I am seriously thankful that in almost 90 degree humid temperatures that I could have my hair swept up for my wedding day, but still I can’t do this for every night out or party I attend. Let’s face it, this was my wedding!
Sometimes as LADY GAGA so succinctly sang it, I’d hope that…
I’m as free as my hair
I’m as free as my hair
I am my hair
I am my hair
–Lady GaGa – Hair
So for most parties and such that I attend, I usually am on the lookout for new and different ways to style my hair, but also to keep my long thick hair manageable, too.
Most recently, we had a family wedding to attend and as luck would have it, I was contacted days before by by Summer Rej of Dauphines of New York, to try her timeless headbands, which were inspired by glamorous style icons who exude a sense of personal style inspirational to others yet are able to remain effortless and carefree in their styles.Summer Rej of Dauphines of New York
Quite simply, this is an accessory that combines fashion and function (two things I am totally a fan of by the way) – So it is a fun and yet an effective styling tool (By the way, I was in seventh heaven getting to review this beautifully designed headband and wear to a wedding, too).
By the way, in case you were wondering, which one I got to wear that night…
ALL TIME FAVORITE, LABRADORITE, which features three strands – a single strand of semiprecious gemstones (in Labradorite) on gold plated wire, a single strand of clear crystals, and an antique tone weightless metal link chain. Gold tone base and coordinating gold engraved findings.
[Tweet “Loving my @DauphinesofNY #headbands #beauty #fashion #hair Get yours now…Find out how!!”]
What Is Special About Dauphines of New York Headbands?
- Features their signature adjustable elastic band. This band provides tailored comfort of fit, while also allowing the headband to be worn multiple ways; thereby, creating multiple or various hairstyles and hair looks.
- Will never slip out of place since the adjustable band provides individual sizing. You can wear your new headband for hours on end, without feeling anything in your hair. Create the illusion of an intricate hairstyle, with instructions provided via our quick and easy styling guide, included with your new accessory.
- Designs utilize the highest quality of materials. Materials include semiprecious gemstones on 18Kgold plated wire (such as Turquoise, Coral, Labradorite, and Gold Pyrite gemstones), fine leathers (in metallic and matte), weightless metal chains (in gold, rose gold, silver, and gunmetal), sparking crystals (crystal clear, iridescent, rose pink), all finished with engraved hardware reading “Dauphines.”
- Packaged in a keepsake box, including an instruction card demonstrating easy to model hair looks.
- May be worn by anyone as the colors and materials will beautifully compliment many hair tones.
- Ornate and appropriate to cap a black tie ensemble, while also remaining casual enough to be worn with everyday attire.
- May even be worn as necklaces.
- True jewelry for the hair – a keepsake for years to follow.
How Can Dauphines of New York Headbands Be Worn?
1. CREATE A QUICK AND ELEGANT UPDO:
- STEP 1 CROWN YOURSELF:
Place your headband gently atop the crown of your hair.
We suggest starting 1” from the natural hairline.
Adjust the elastic band at back so headband feels secure.
- STEP 2 TAKE 1” OF HAIR AT EACH SIDE:
Take a 1” portion of hair at left or right. Separate this 1” portion and twist.
Then, take this twisted 1” piece of hair and tuck into the elastic band. Repeat at the other side of hair. This will leave hair tucked in at both left and right side, creating an elegant look. You may choose to leave the loose hair down, for a half up/half down effect. Or, you may choose to follow the next step to create a quick up-do.
- STEP 3 TAKE HAIR AT BACK, and TUCK INTO THE BAND:
Take all loose hair, grip the hair tightly, and then twist. Once hair is held in a twist, tuck the hair up into the elastic band. Continue to roll the hair into the band. Roll tightly for a pristine and polished look, or loosely tuck the hair into the band for a laid-back effect.
2. WEAR YOUR HEADBAND IN CLASSIC FASHION:
Create a clean and crisp look, while keeping hair polished and in place, out of the way of the face.
- Drop your new headband over your head, and then pull down towards the neck.
- Pull your headband up. As you pull the headband up, you will simultaneously pull your hair out of your face.
3. WEAR ACROSS THE FOREHEAD:
A great way to wear your new headband is “hippie” style – worn horizontally and straight across the forehead. Layer over your hair and allow hair to flow naturally.
- Drape headband over head and place horizontally across the forehead. Tighten the elastic band at back. Straighten three chains so they are aligned, or select to twist the multiple chains for an edgy look.
4. WEAR YOUR HEADBAND AS A NECKLACE:
Elongate the elastic band, drape over neck, Finally, shorten elastic band at back.
Where Can You Find Dauphines of New York Headbands?
Dauphines of New York had eight brand new styles designed EXCLUSIVELY FOR SEPHORA, which are currently available for sale online to ship locally and internationally, too.
By the way, three of these eight styles (Front Row Darling, Screen Siren, and Free Spirit) are also currently available for sale at stores nationwide throughout the US and Canada. Each style is priced at $24 -$40 and may be found in Sephora’s “Beauty on the Fly” section.
So what are you waiting for?
With Christmas and New Year’s Eve right around the corner, Dauphine’s of New York headband is seriously the perfect hair jewelry for the hair for these types of celebrations, as well as gifts even for every day use, too.