Well, the wait was over on Friday morning, when I opened up my good friend Heather’s blog post from The Destiny Manifest.
I knew she would be tagging me, because she told me she was and yes I was excited and couldn’t wait to find out what I would be challenged to share.
Well, the wait was indeed over. Are you as excited to find out as I was?
From the title, you had to have guessed it had something to do with my refrigerator.
You got it, I had to share pictures of my refrigerator and what I have on it.
A little side note, many that know me know that Kevin and I moved into my parents mother-daughter hi-ranch during our second year of marriage. We were living in a small apartment and over paying for rent. My parents graciously took us in so we could save all our money to buy our home (hopefully very soon now).
Before we moved in this was the home that I moved into at the onset of high school. I was a freshman in high school and my parents took the upstairs of this home and my grandparents lived downstairs (in my now part of the house).
My grandfather passed away in 1999 and my grandmother fell breaking her hip in the fall of 2003. My mom helped her for a few years once she came home from the hospital and it was getting harder and harder for my mom to clean both the upstairs and downstairs of the house. And the part of the house that was my grandmother’s was just too big for her. So, it was decided that my grandmother would move upstairs (my parents had the extra bedroom from when I got married) and Kevin and I would take the downstairs of the house to make our own.
So this refrigerator that I have photographed was indeed my grandparents and now is ours. But the thing is I put everything that can be imagined on our fridge. There are not only magnets, but pictures and so much more. At Christmas time, I drive Kevin crazy, because I put all the photo Christmas cards up on the fridge. He literally counts down the days that I take them down. But since it isn’t Christmas time those are not up there, but still be forewarned it is quite a sight even at this time of the year.
And the bottom of the fridge has some of the girls favorite magnets. It should also have the LeapFrog Letters Magnet gadget that teaches the letter when put into it with songs and such. But god help me, when I went to go take a picture today it was no where in sight. I am sure it is in with some of my girls toys in their toy box, but hell if I know where they actually did put it!
So without further ado, here is the top and bottom of our refrigerator.
So left to right and top to bottom:
1. This is Emma’s Birth Announcement back from July 2009 held up by a CapTree Magnet from back int he day that my parents bought for my grandmother!
2. Our nephew’s baseball card photo from this last year.
3. Emma sitting on Santa’s lap at school last year held up by Hershey Magnets we brought back for my grandparents from our family trip years back to Hershey Park.
4. A Hawaii magnet that again my parents brought back for my grandmother back in the early 1990s when they went there after my dad won a business trip. The magnet is supposed to tell the temperature in the house, but stopped working many moons ago!
5. This is Lily’s birth announcement from November 2010.
6. Our Christmas Card from last year.
7. Emma’s retake school picture. For those who missed this story, click here.
8. A picture of my cousin’s little boy from his last birthday.
9. Emma’s Mother’s Day Picture Gift to Me!!
10. Emma’s Pre-School Class Picture from last year held up by a Wild West City (NJ) magnet that was again gifted to my grandparents back in the day.
11. My niece’s school picture from last year held up by a little magnet picture of Emma made by a friend of my brother’s. Also underneath her picture is a magnet made for me back when I was a kid hand painted with a baseball and bat for my favorite sport and team The Mets!!
12. One of two birthday party invitations the girls received for parties on the same day!
13. Emma’s Handprint Father’s Day gift for Kevin!
14. Emma’s picture for sports day last year at school.
15. Our Christmas Family Photo from this past year.
16. Appointment cards for Emma’s 4 year old checkup and my chiropractor (both past, but there for the phone numbers if need be) that are held up by a Hersey Kiss magnet from the same family Hersey Trip from youth discussed earlier.
17. Emma’s Peace Day necklace she made last year at school.
18. The second birthday invitation for another birthday party the girls have on the same day as #12.
19. Oil change coupon for a local place we were thinking of trying that has 10 minute express appointments.
20. A magnet we brought back from our honeymoon in the Bahamas!
I did not number this, because these are all just magnets that the girls love and play with. Some are ones from my grandmother again and others are theirs, such as Mickey and Minnie Mouse and the Letter A that belongs to that LeapFrog Letter Device I mentioned that is among the missing along with the rest of the alphabet.
Hey only in my house!
But now for the real fun part, who I am tagging!!
So ladies tell what’s on your fridge??
And also today, I am also hosting the Wonderful Wordless Wednesday Linkup over at the Mommy Blog Hoppers. To join us and link up, click here.
Weekly Giveaways~To enter this past week’s giveaways that I have been a part of and had running on my page, please click here to enter all the rafflecopters. Thanks and good luck, too!!
Blogging Design Needs~Don’t forget to check out my web design company for specials running at J9 Designs for all your web design needs, plus we are now offering Paypal’s Bill Me Later, too!
One Click Is All It Takes!!
Subscribe to get our FREE Spring Kid's Bucket List printable now.