Easter is indeed behind us, since the bunny came and went (god help me, but now I have to use the birthday fairy as a threat for Emma and kind of sh*t out luck for these types of threats for her as her birthday isn’t until he end of the year now. Anyways, the overall theme was “Frozen” for the day and promise to share more about that in my thankful things indeed. Think the movie and definitely not the weather, although it wasn’t quite sixty degrees, it still was sunny and pretty descent weather overall.
1. It all started with a Mini Blog Break at the end of the last week and weekend for Easter and spring break. So in need, as I had the girls off all week from school and was also kept quite busy with J9 Designs (which by the way just turned one years old – Happy Birthday indeed with a brand new makeover, too!) work, as well.
2. A huge highlight from my time off was to finally get a touch up on my hair or
lovely roots after 2 months!!
3. Also, on the agenda was getting the girls haircuts finally, too (Emma’s own self haircut finally is a distant reminder because of this)!!
4. Going out to dinner Saturday night to Olive Garden even though the girls were not acting very good all throughout dinner irregardless of that fact that Emma has been begging to go to Olive Garden for two months now. Yet, the meal itself was delicious and reminded me why Kevin and I used to frequent this restaurant often before having kids. The breadsticks alone were worth their not so wonderful behavior!
5. Dying Easter eggs with Kevin and the girls. The first year that both girls actually dyed their own eggs with very limited help from us.
6. Making my famous Peeps Easter cake (for the recipe click here)! Almost didn’t make it, but it was requested by Emma and my niece, Katie, too. I had to go to three different stores on Saturday to find the different color bunny Peeps, but finally had them all. If I had wanted the chicks however, I would not have had this issue, believe it or not. But still got my bunnies and another successful year with my Peeps Cake was had. 7. Easter!! The girls ended up with Frozen Elsa and Anna themed night gowns and bathing suits, as well as the new Disney Tinker Bell movie from us. And from Uncle Michael (seriously wish I would have had an Uncle Michael as a kid!) got the much sought after Elsa plush Disney store dolls and tickets to breakfast with Elsa, Anna and Olaf at our local skating rink, as well as more Disney Infinity Elsa and Anna characters (now each girl has there own of each of these characters). See what I meant about a Frozen Easter!
8. Finishing Tempting Fate, by Jane Green. I even got to read book on my mini- break, too. 9. Getting Caboodles Big case with my $25 gift card for Target from Scott Tissues. While trying to find the Peeps bunnies (yes I ended up at Target at one point), I got to finally use my gift card for this awesomely amazing case. Just another excuse to buy more nail polish and paint my nails (and toe nails, too!).
10. I was able to wear my dress pants from before I ever got pregnant, as well a top I wore to my own bridal shower and fit into both. I was pleasantly surprised by this, especially after how much I did not diet this past winter.
11. And one more for good measure that after being without power on Wednesday into Thursday for not quite 24 hours, that we got our power back and I am not trying to scramble to find WIFI connection to do my work. You truly don’t realize when you work from home how much you do depend upon the internet for all that you do work on daily. So huge thank you for that being behind me and hoping we don’t lose power again for awhile (at the very least!).
It is officially Spring! Alex and Ani are excited to provide you with a new colorful beaded bangle collection. Brighten up your charmed arm color palette with vibrant hues and warm neutrals. Each bangle is expandable ensuring the perfect fit for every wrist. This completely original design allows everyone to have a piece of jewelry which is truly customized.
Please Check Out My Lovely Sponsor of the Month…
Be Prepared for Emergencies
Subscribe to get our FREE Emergencies Preparation List printable for Helping Little Kids Cope now.