Do you want to make Gingerbread Man Cookies with your family this holiday season?
It is no secret here on my blog that I love to bake. Plus, my girls absolutely enjoy helping me in the kitchen baking. They especially love to aid in baking Christmas cookies.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Looking for the perfect gingerbread recipe to make gingerbread cookies? Get the recipe here.” quote=”Looking for the perfect gingerbread recipe to make gingerbread cookies? Get the recipe here.” theme=”style1″]
One of the most requested cookies, my girls ask to help bake are gingerbread man cookies.
I never was big on baking cut out cookies. But a few years back, my older daughter was adamant that we bake gingerbread cookies. She was in pre-school at the time.
This has stuck by the way, as Gingerbread is still our elf after all these years.
But since Gingerbread the Elf is still going strong, you better believe I was asked to make more Gingerbread Cookies in his honor.
So, bake we did for Gingerbread this past weekend.
Do you want to try out our Gingerbread Man Cookies Recipe?
Then check out our recipe below with our first batch made this season now…
The Best Gingerbread Man Cookies Recipe
- 6 cups flour
- 4 tsp. ginger
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup molasses
Making the dough:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, baking powder, and salt.
- Then in a separate large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar for a few minutes.
- Add one egg at a time mixing well after each addition.
- Thoroughly mix in the molasses.
- Stir in about a third of the dry ingredients at a time mixing well after each addition.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap or foil and refrigerate for 2 hours (or up to 2 days).
When ready to bake:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Flour a large cutting board, and (working with 1/4 of the dough at a time) roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured work surface.
- Cut into gingerbread men shapes with 5-inch cookie cutter.
- Place 1 inch apart on un-greased baking sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes on the pan, move to a cooling rack to cool completely, and decorate!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100
In honor of Gingerbread the Elf and our cookies, I am also enclosing a FREE Elf on the Shelf printable. This printable was previously only available to my subscribers in my newsletter. But for a limited time is now available here in this article, as well.
Just click the image below to download it FREE now.
Hope you enjoy the printable and Gingerbread cookies, too!
Does your family have an elf on the shelf?
Do you like to bake cookies with your family?
Will you try our Gingerbread Man Cookies recipe this holiday season?
Now tell me in the comments…