*This Graham Cracker Mummies Recipe Tutorial contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
Recently, I made Mummies using celery sticks and shredded cheese. While they were indeed a bit healthier having celery as the base, many commented that they weren’t a huge fan of celery. I get that completely. because I think you either love celery or you don’t.
Plus, these mummies used cream cheese. I also know some that love cream cheese, while others not so much.
However, it is Halloween time. Therefore, mummies and other scary creatures are front and center right now. So, I went back to the drawing board for those who that don’t love celery or cream cheese.
What I came up with this time out I am hopeful will satisfy the sweet tooth of many out there. How?Want to make Mummies with graham crackers and chocolate this Halloween? Then, read how to here.
Because this version of mummy treats are made with graham crackers, melted white chocolate, and sugar candy eyeballs. So sweet cracker base, divine white chocolate, and candy, too. See sweet, sugar overload!
That’s right I start with a graham cracker that I break apart. Then, I cover that same graham cracker with the melted white chocolate. Next, I place two candy eyes on the chocolate decorated graham cracker. Lastly, I drizzle excess white chocolate over it to give it the wrapped up mummy appearance.
Seriously, these mummy graham crackers are simply adorable, as well as chocolate candy lovers dream come true.
That said, do you want to make Graham Cracker Mummies this Halloween.
Then, read on below for the step-by-step recipe tutorial now.
Graham Cracker Mummies
- Graham crackers
- White candy coating or vanilla almond bark
- Small candy eyeballs
- Carefully break apart graham crackers at perforations to make four strips from each cracker.
- Melt the candy coating according to package directions giving special care not to overheat the candy. If the candy coating is overheated, it will be too thick. You can add 2 teaspoons of vegetable shortening to help thin the candy but do not add any other type of liquid as the candy will seize and harden.
- Resting the graham cracker strip on a fork, spoon candy coating over the cracker and then tap the fork against the side of your bowl to remove excess candy coating.
- Add the candy eyeballs while the candy is still wet. Place on waxed paper to dry.
- Pour remaining candy coating into a disposable piping bag. Snip the end of the piping bag and drizzle each cracker with candy coating.
- Allow candy coating to harden. If necessary, cut any excessive candy coating that overlapped the edge of each cracker using a sharp knife.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Placing in the refrigerator may cause the graham cracker to soften.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293 Total Fat: 15.4g Saturated Fat: 13.2g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 120mg Carbohydrates: 35.7g Fiber: 0.4g Sugar: 28.1g Protein: 3g
What sweet treats do you enjoy at Halloween time?
Now, share with me in the comments.