I fess up and admit I am guilty as charged.
Let’s face it, there isn’t just one thing I am guilty of, but multiple things in life that I am indeed guilty of.
In fact if I had to give a running tally of all I am guilty of, here is my guilty list:
- Having a messy home, because I don’t have enough time in the day or night daily to straighten up.
- Exercising and working out just don’t seem to be happening all that much around these parts, so god help me when bathing suit season actually does find us and should probably should be happy for snow and cold weather to hide it now.
- Having all these books on my Goodreads and not having enough time to sadly read the half of them.
- Getting take out at the very least once a week for dinner, because I can’t muster the energy by Friday night to cook a descent meal that will once again get picked apart by the pickiest of eater (Ms. Lily, I am talking about you!).
- Not sleeping in past 8 am unless I am deathly ill, because little princesses apparently don’t need their beauty sleep.
- Not showering before 12 noon on even a good day, because who has the time to shower?!
- Wearing yoga pants pretty much every day, all day, because they are just that comfortable.
- Being short tempered with my husband, the girls or even the puppy, from being stressed or tired, because PMS knows no bounds, plus having a kid sick for the 1,234,567,890 times this winter is getting old.
- Never being on time for anything since having kids, because it never fails a princess will always need or want something as I am trying to get out of the house.Being plain forgetful, like I was here, because I would forget my head if it weren’t attached to my shoulders – mommy brain does equal early senility even on a good day.
- Pinning all these wonderful crafts and recipes, only to not be able to follow through with most if not all, because I don’t have the energy nor the time to even care, plus I am really the least crafty, hands-on person you will ever meet.
- Never being able to say the word “No” when asked to do something even if I don’t have the time to do it, because guilt has no bounds .
- Biting off more then I can pretty much chew on any given day, because I am an over achiever who clearly has issues with #12.
- Saying I am sorry for things that aren’t even my fault, because guilty as charged rears it ugly head.
- Feeling that there just aren’t enough hours in the day to get all of the above done, even forgoing #5.
Sometimes, something has to give. Because my list of guilty confessions still grows, even after admitting here last week that I was even guilty of having writer’s block in recent times.
After carefully weighing my options, I have decided that I would cut back on my blog hopping host duties.
For the last 3 years, I have hosted a few different blog hops and am just feeling blog hop burnout, I suppose. Not that I haven’t loved it, but I just don’t want all the responsibilities that come with being a gracious hostess (trust me in real life I hate being the hostess with the mostess).
For Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop alone, we have had over 400 linkups most weeks and I admit more guilty confessions here that I have not been able to visit even 1/4 of that and pin on even a good week.
So, in the Frozen spirit that seems to still be alive and well almost two years since the film’s release, I am Letting It Go with this being my final week at co-host for the Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop.
Don’t get me wrong, I will miss it, but I think the guilt of not being able to properly host, plus all else on my plate, takes precedence.
You can still very much link up with all the other Wonderful Wednesday hostesses and you will also not be getting rid of me any time soon from this space, but I am allowing myself permission to post, comment and read as my writer’s mind is churning and feels the need to simply write for me.
Now, for the last time on Confessions, please link up with Wonderful Wednesday….
Do you blame us???? Yum! Editor’s note: I pinned it. Did you?
Editor’s PickOh, I just had to feature this one. Kids would just love to make this craft and they are MAGNETS! Prettiest refrigerator door in town. LOL
Be Prepared for Emergencies
Subscribe to get our FREE Emergencies Preparation List printable for Helping Little Kids Cope now.