Let’s make hand held apple pies… It is that time of the year for apple picking and more. My kids are huge apple picking fans. Therefore each year, we get begged to do this annual fall ritual here.
Plus once the apples were picked, my girls were actively deciding which apple recipes they wanted to try.
Candy apples were high on that list. They also wanted apple pie. But this year, I decided to try a new apple pie recipe. This apple pie recipe is even more kid friendly then our usual. How? Because this time out, I made personal hand held apple pies for even the littlest of hands.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Looking for kid friendly apples recipe? Check out mini apple pies for even the littlest of hands.” quote=”Looking for kid friendly apples recipe? Check out mini apple pies for even the littlest of hands.” theme=”style1″]
Plus, you can even drizzle frosting on top for extra kid sweetness.
Also, they are truly very easy to make. The kids can even help with this one, too.
So, want to make make Hand Held Apple Pies?
Then, check out my recipe for Hand Held Apple Pies below…
Hand Held Apple Pies Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 package of puff pastry, thawed
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 3 tablespoons of coarse white sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat egg and water in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a pan over medium high heat add butter, apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon to the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until apples are tender and sauce has reduced. Remove from heat.
- On a floured surface, unfold one puff pastry and roll one baking sheet to create a 12 inch square. Using a three inch circle cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles. Repeat with the extra roll, and set that set aside.
- Fill 12 circles with 1 tablespoon of apple mixture. Brush the edges with egg mixture. Top with another circle puff pastry. Pinch the edges together and crimp ends with a fork.
- Brush the top of the pastry pies with egg mixture, cut three small slits on top of the pies. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Place pies onto baking sheets. Bake 20 minutes, or until the pies are golden colored.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for ten minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300
Does your family go apple picking?
So, what do you make with the apples that you pick?
Will you make Hand Held Apple Pies now?
Tell me in the comments…