*This Very Best Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe Tutorial contains Amazon links. Please note, as an affiliate marketer for them, clicking and purchasing from these links results in me making a small commission from this action.
Once again we made it to a new year. With a new year comes cleaner eating hopefully on the whole.
But make no mistake football Sundays, especially the Super Bowl in a few short weeks means party food. Appetizers are explicitly making a comeback.
Plus, I am currently using my Instant Pot for pressure and slow cooking often now. Although, I feel like it has been some time since I posted an Instant Pot recipe. The last one was HERE. So, it is high time I overshare an Instant Pot noteworthy recipe.
But again, we are all about football appetizers in our home now. So, this time out, I am not only presenting an appetizer recipe worthy for all those football fans, but I am also using the Instant Pot pressure cooker mode.
One of our favorite football appetizer recipes is Buffalo Chicken Wings.
I mean Buffalo Chicken Wings, blue cheese dressing and carrot and celery sticks could be a meal unto itself for football Sundays. It has been here at times.
My Buffalo Chicken Wings recipe, once again, uses the pressure cooker feature on my Instant Pot. But I use frozen chicken wings seasoned with salt and pepper. They get added just like this to the Instant Pot getting cooked 12-15 minutes.
Once, cooked in the pressure cooker, then I drench them in Buffalo Wing Sauce. After coating them, I broil them on high for a few minutes in the oven. A side note, if you have an air fryer, you most definitely can use it instead of the oven broiler. I have done them in my air fryer usually cooking at 400 degrees for about 5 minutes; once cooked in either the broiler or air fryer, before serving toss with about another 1/2 cup of Buffalo Sauce.
Trust me; these wings are to die for and heavenly. If you are Buffalo Chicken Wings fans like we are, these are a must try.The search is over! Get the fantastic, party appetizer chicken wings recipe for all your game days Buffalo style now.
So, how about it? Do you want to make Buffalo Chicken Wings now?
Keep scrolling for the very best Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings recipe.
The Very Best Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
- 1 (2 to 4 pound) bag frozen chicken wing sections
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup your favorite buffalo wing sauce, divided
- Water, minimum required for your pressure cooker
1. Sprinkle the frozen chicken wings with salt and pepper.
2. Pour water into the pressure cooker liner and place the trivet inside. Put the chicken wings on top of the trivet.
3. Close the pressure cooker and set the value to sealing. Set the pressure cooker to manual or pressure cook on high for 12 to 15 minutes depending on the amount of wings. When the cycle is complete, set the valve to quick release.
4. Preheat the oven broiler.
5. Remove the chicken wings from the pressure cooker and toss with 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce.
6. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (for easier clean up) and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange sauced chicken wings in a single layer. Place under broiler and cook until the skin is crisp, turning once.
7. Remove chicken wings from the oven and toss with remaining 1/2 cup buffalo sauce. Serve immediately.