The Oscars have been over for a few months, but for bloggers award are handed out pretty much all year. I am always honored and quite humbled too when I am awarded these blogger awards. But I am also still in shock at times that the blogger awarding me think I am worthy.
Last week was a bit crazy with the lead up to Easter and getting stuff put together for the big day.
However, I was awarded two awards in this one week alone. And yet, another this Monday after Easter. and still another this past week, too. I apologize in advance to these women if I got delayed a bit in this post, but I am rectifying that here and now.
First to Nicky, who blogs at Feeling the Empty Nest, who awarded me The Liebster Award. This is the second time that another thought I was deserving of this award. So seriously, thank you Nicky. I just recently started to follow her, but just love her writing and she truly is a gem in the blogging world.
That said here are the Rules:
11 Random Facts About Me: (I am not boring you all with more here than the actual questions, since I know you have been subjected to this one on more than one occasion before)
11 Questions for Nominated Bloggers:
- Why did you start blogging? For those who still don’t know, I actually started blogging after having written on Hubpages for a few months. I successfully had written and published a few more personal type articles about my family, especially one about the Terrible Twos with my girls. The real thank you on this goes to Julie DeNeen over at Life According to Julie, who showed me the robes and got me hooked or quite possibly addicted!! Thanks Julie.
- Describe yourself in two words. Loyal and honest!!
- What’s your favorite quality about yourself? I love that I am honest like I said above. I truly am not a very good liar and wouldn’t want to be, because I hate when someone is less than honest with me and try my best to treat others the way I would like to be treated.
- What’s your favorite thing to look for in a new blog? When I find a new blog to read and/or follow, I love those that are sincere and from the heart. Nothing worse than reading a blog that doesn’t have a person’s personal touches to them and that feel so very impersonal.
- What’s your biggest inspiration? My mother is my biggest inspiration, because from her I learned how to be a better mother to my own kids.
- What’s your favorite activity to do in your spare time? In a perfect world and when I do have any free alone time, I love to read or catch up on my DVR. I am still trying to re-read the last Harry Potter Potter. And it is sitting on my bureau in my bedroom still unopened. Seriously shows how much free time I have!
- Do you have any pets? If so, how many and what kind? None riht now, but we did have fish. And yup Hurricane Sandy did us in on that. Right now we have an empty fish tank that with clean water and now fish. And let’s not forget the constant ‘fight’ with Kevin and Emma over getting a small dog, which she wants to name Lucy!!
- If you have children, what activities are they involved with? My girls are both in dance. They are two little dancing princesses, who have their recital on June 9th, which will be Emma’s second and Lily’s 1st. So stay tuned for pictures.
- What’s your favorite social media tool/network? I actually just recently flipped on this one. I used to love Facebook, but now that they are making you pay for more and more with advertising and burying posts at times, I know have found a new favorite. You guessed it, I am falling madly in love with G+. Seriously one of my most favorite aspects is the phone app it is just amazing and very user friendly. The other thing I love is the ease of sharing on G+ with the option of e-mailing my posts directly to my followers.
- Do you allow your children to be involved in or have access to social media? This one is a moot point in our house, because my kids are a bit too young to be involved with social networks just yet.
- What’s your all time favorite meal? My favorite meal of all time would have to be anything with Shrimp in it. Seriously I am not a fan of most fish, but Shrimp is truly my favorite. As you can imagine, through two pregnancies (9 months a piece I totally sacrificed my favorite meal and now I am more than making up for it!! By the way, Kevin and I just recently starting eating Thai food and I love the coconut pineapple fried rice with shrimp. This is truly heaven in a meal!!
Now for the second award from Marcia at Menopausal Mother. I honestly found Marcia through our Facebook Group, Bloppy Bloppers. If you haven’t joined and are a blogger, you are missing out. I will be honest and tell you that Menopausal Mother just puts a smile on my face and truly hope that I have half her spunk when my girls are grown and no longer under my roof. She truly is what I aspire to be in the future!! The award by the way is the Very Inspiring Award.
The rules for this one are :
1. Display award logo on blog. (Done and Done, above)
2. Link back to the person who gave you the award. (Thanks again Marcia!!)
3. State 7 things about yourself. (I am making my own damn rules here. You got 11 above and that is more than enough from my smart mouth right now!! Plus I have a certain little 2 year old who won’t nap today and need to give her my attention!)
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link back to them. (Here we go and look below!).
The third and final award came from Sarah over at The Sadder But Wiser Girl, whom truly do feel is such a kindred soul and am so honored she felt me worthy of the Beautiful Mama Blog Award. And couldn’t agree with her more that this one is so very special, because it truly celebrates moms. So thanks again Sarah and now for the Rules!! And then this past week, I also got nominated for this same award from Kimmy at A Mom’s Point of View, too. Thank you so much Kimmy and seriously you have made me all feel so loved and just can’t say how much I appreciate that!!
Here are the rules with this award:
- Click the above award image, save it and use it in your acceptance post. (Done and Done!!)
- List 3 things you love about motherhood. (Below)
- Nominate other deserving mamas; you may choose as many as you like. (Check for this below!!)
Three things I love about motherhood:
1) The hugs, kisses, and love I get daily.
2) The crazy things they say and do to get my attention.
3) The fun times and memories we are making all the time now.
Now for the nominations, which I picked for for each and a total of 12 bloggers were nominated here.
The Liebster Award: (And if you were chosen for this, please feel free to answer my questions or create your own!!)
The Very Inspiring Award:
- The Art of Living Simple
- Life According to Julie
- Violet Imperfection
The Beautiful Mama Blog Award:
- Erin the Irish Momma
- Mommy for Real
- Raising Regan
- No Holding Back
Thank you again both Nicky, Marcia and Sarah, too. Seriously so appreciated!! Now for those nominated here, you know the drill!! Please go forth and re-award these awesome awards to more well deserving bloggers!! And congrats!!
Last, but not least do not forget to enter the Real Kids Shades Giveaway below, if you haven’t already:
Please Visit my Sponsor of The Month:
For Spring Sale Special Advertising Rates, Please Use Special25!!!
One Click Is All It Takes!!