Halloween is quickly approaching and in case you still have not gotten your kid a costume yet, Ellen has a a few ideas for you that she shared on a recent episode. After seeing this video, I have to admit I was quite thankful that we have had our costumes for over a month now, because even though the costumes are quite hilarious, they are probably a bit inappropriate.
So without further ado, here are the seven costumes she suggested:
1. Clint Eastwood Talking to an Empty Chair at Republican National Convention: Two for the price of one and yes Ellen actually had two little kids dress up here; one kid was dressed up as Clint Eastwood and the other kid was the empty chair. So my educated guess is this could be a great costume for siblings to wear. If the family is voting for Obama, this could be their way of mocking Clint Eastwood as he being senile and actually talking to thin air or said chair. Whereas if the family is voting for Mitt Romney, they can say that Clint did a wonderful job and they are just paying homage to a legend. So it looks like this one could go either way folks!!
2. Magic Mike–Magician/Muscle Man: Yes for this one, Ellen actually had a little boy dressed as a Magician and then when he took his jack off had an abs costume on to be Magic Mike. There are so many things I could say here, but will limit it to this. Moms apparently can’t get enough of this on screen that they need to dress up their sons as this fictional drool worthy character. Ok, now I am just a bit frightened at the prospect of who would actually do this. But then again this is America, land of the brave, free and insane too!! Enough said! Stayed tuned for more mom drool worthy ideas with costume #5 though, if this doesn’t float your boat.
3. Presidential Race–Racetrack: A child actually walked out on the stage with a racetrack around his waist with the presidents racing around it. I will say this that this one is just damn clever. What little boy doesn’t have some form of a racetrack and I bet no one else will be doing this, but then again Ellen is highly watched so you may just be surprised how many could pull this off and recreate this one.
4. Call Me Maybe–Name Tag with Maybe on It: All summer long I have heard Carly Rae Jepsen’s Call Me Maybe, granted a very catchy tune, but of course Ellen couldn’t not pay homage to this well known hit by having a little five year old girl dress up with a name tag that said ‘Maybe’, as in “Call Me Maybe”. The poor kid on the stage could barely talk let alone get why she was even dressed like this. Such a sad state of affairs when the child doesn’t even know why mom picked this costume out!!
5. 50 Shades of Gray–Kid with GrayShades/Curtains: What costume collection for this year wouldn’t be complete with a 50 Shades of Gray reference? As if Magic Mike wasn’t bad enough, now we have the mommy porn novel costume. I am so not sure what this says about us as a society, but of course you know someone out there was just itching to try this, but who? My bet is on the originator of #7, none other than Honey Boo Boo, but will will get back to that in a minute.
6. Mars Rover–Some poor child had to be dressed in a bubble with planets painted around his waist. A little weird, but I guess at least this one has some actual value to it. I mean Mars and the planets are actually taught in school, not watched on trash TV on some poorly made reality show. Which leads me to the next and final costume.
7. Honey Boo Boo–Beehive and Bandaids: So, this list would so not be complete without Honey Boo Boo herself being referenced. Oh yes, Ellen dressed up some poor kid as a beehive/honey with bandaids to give you her version of Honey Boo Boo. Scary, but my kids would love to be able to use bandaids for this occasion as those already know from here. But honestly, just frightening that this could pass for a viable option for a kids costume.
And there you have it the list for the most wacky and crazy costumes for kids this Halloween courtesy of Ellen. It really boggles my mind how anyone could come up with these costumes, but then again leave it Ellen to do just that and find the humor in it, too. Scary sight for the most part, but definitely hilarious. Enjoy!!
[amazon_mp3_clips widget_type=”Bestsellers” width=”250″ height=”250″ title=”” market_place=”US” shuffle_tracks=”True” max_results=”” browse_node=”” /]